Subaru WRX Forum banner

Accessport V2.. Stage 1 or Stage 2????

5K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  newtothegame 
#1 ·
i have a 02 wrx wagon and i am looking at buying a cobb accessport v2 and i was reading up on cobbs site and read the requirements for stage one and for stage two and it says that you only need a turbo back exhaust to run the stage 2 ..... i have a full exhaust, header, up, dp and tbe(catless) plus a pnp intake manifold, turbo inlet tube, walbro 255 fuel pump and a 2 row grimmspeed radiator.... i know the radiator has nothing to do with it but my question is am i gonna be ok to run the stage 2 with more than what they recommend or am i gonna have to run somthing diff????

#7 ·
If you're in Wisconsin you could come down to P&L Motorsports P&L Motorsports - Home here in Chicago. They charge $199 per hour on the dyno. They've told me they can do a basic Stage 2 tune in that hour.

There is a $60 dyno inspection fee so they can look over your car and make sure there are no issues or vacuum leaks. Since your car is an 02 I would recommend this.

If you have not purchased the Cobb Accessport yet, they also do opensource tuning on the WRX's now. I personally prefer the Cobb b/c you can go back to stock quickly without having to bring the car back to the tuner.

#8 ·
Also check into 555 Motorsports in Chicago. I have started talks with them that should happen while Im deployed. The tuners name is Mat, an awesome guy and will answer any question you have.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.