Accessport V2.. Stage 1 or Stage 2???? - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 06-30-2009, 08:09 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

MurderedWRX is an unknown
Accessport V2.. Stage 1 or Stage 2????

i have a 02 wrx wagon and i am looking at buying a cobb accessport v2 and i was reading up on cobbs site and read the requirements for stage one and for stage two and it says that you only need a turbo back exhaust to run the stage 2 ..... i have a full exhaust, header, up, dp and tbe(catless) plus a pnp intake manifold, turbo inlet tube, walbro 255 fuel pump and a 2 row grimmspeed radiator.... i know the radiator has nothing to do with it but my question is am i gonna be ok to run the stage 2 with more than what they recommend or am i gonna have to run somthing diff????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 06-30-2009, 11:15 PM
WRXtuners Member

blk05WRX is known to be trustworthy and helpful blk05WRX is known to be trustworthy and helpful
It seems like you might be OK, but why risk it. I'd go with a custom tune to account for the header, intake and inlet tube.
post #3 of 8 Old 06-30-2009, 11:24 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
A custom tune will get you the max out of your setup. It will take into account both the headers and the intake.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
post #4 of 8 Old 07-01-2009, 08:23 AM
WRXtuners Member

oldfartracer is more helpful than not
You are at stage 2, but like other have stated a Protune is needed. The Cobb OTS maps don't like anything other than what is listed in the map notes.
post #5 of 8 Old 07-01-2009, 07:53 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

MurderedWRX is an unknown
ok thanks guys i was thinking i needed a protune but i wasnt 100% sure!! do you guys know how much a tune would run me? and do i have to buy any programs or tuners or will the shop have all of that?
post #6 of 8 Old 07-01-2009, 11:18 PM
WRXtuners Member

oldfartracer is more helpful than not
Alot will depend on the tuner, but you will be looking at $350-500 for a tune. You will not need anything but the AP.
post #7 of 8 Old 07-01-2009, 11:33 PM
WRXtuners Member

blk05WRX is known to be trustworthy and helpful blk05WRX is known to be trustworthy and helpful
If you're in Wisconsin you could come down to P&L Motorsports P&L Motorsports - Home here in Chicago. They charge $199 per hour on the dyno. They've told me they can do a basic Stage 2 tune in that hour.

There is a $60 dyno inspection fee so they can look over your car and make sure there are no issues or vacuum leaks. Since your car is an 02 I would recommend this.

If you have not purchased the Cobb Accessport yet, they also do opensource tuning on the WRX's now. I personally prefer the Cobb b/c you can go back to stock quickly without having to bring the car back to the tuner.

2005 WRX Cobb Stage 2
2009 Outback
post #8 of 8 Old 07-02-2009, 09:42 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Also check into 555 Motorsports in Chicago. I have started talks with them that should happen while Im deployed. The tuners name is Mat, an awesome guy and will answer any question you have.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"