Subaru WRX Forum banner

access port+first mods?

7K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  yelljack 
#1 ·
So I've been lurking on hear for a week or two, and have been reading that you need a tune for most mods. Would flashing my ecu with a Cobb ap be a safe tuning device for a CAI, BOV, TMIC and a full exhaust. Just some basic mods, but I've been reading people say to get it tuned by some one professionally for these. This is going to be my DD so I don't want to do anything to big. Thanks

#3 ·
In theory no you cant use the AP, at least not with the "generic"maps. Cobb makes no OTS maps for an I/C upgrade on the subies. You could however still have the car tuned with the AP for the mods you have or will put on the car.

#5 ·
Ok that helps a lot, thanks again and have any of you or anyone you know sent in their AP to cobb if so would you say to do that or get a different software. Also blaze I was going to keep it recirculated so wouldn't that not change how well the engine ran?

#6 ·
What do you mean by send it in? I had to send mine in as something was messed up internally with the AP, it cost a few bucks, but was worth it. It came back updated and with every map I had on it still on the AP.

#13 ·
basically nothing that does anything from a power or airflow perspective. Changing the muffler doesn't do anything, so you can do that. Changing straight pipes with other pipes doesn't do anything either so if you want to call that a "cat back", then that's what I'd say.

#17 ·
yea i was reading about tuning it my self with rom raider and other software, but I have never done it I looked into ecmlink for my dsm also and decided that I would only go that route if I were to trailer my car to a tuner after heavily modding. I don't think I'm going to go that far with my wrx for it to be worth taking it to someone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.