Subaru WRX Forum banner

AC trucked up

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  phatmike0704 
#1 ·
well i dont really need my AC so its not much of a big problem but i turned it on last nite and it started makin like a whistle sound. it aslo does this wen its on the windows without AC. but anyone no wats goin on. it all happend aftr i installed my upgrades. but didnt evn touch the AC unit. The upgrades were turbo, injec, fuelpump, turbo inlet, stage 2 parts. would installin those parts effect the AC

#3 ·
Sorry, can you clarify a little bit? I don't quite get if you said it does it with AC and without AC with the windows down? If so, I'd check your serpentine belts. In an '04 it would make sense. Now, I'll first say that your belts will not make a whistle, they'll really make a squeal, but it is possible that the resistance of the A/C compressor is adding pull that it would make some sound. The belt will spin no matter what, but if it's starting to fray, then it "could" whistle. Otherwise, I'd check the pulley on the A/C compressor. You said you don't use it often, and that being the case, the A/C clutch might have some corrosive build up on it. I'd say run it for a while and see if it stops. Either way, it's really easy to take of the belts on our cars. hour and a half tops with the proper tools. Let me know if you have any questions on it. I've worked in a shop for a couple years in the past, so those kinds of sounds I'm happy to try to help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.