850 cc injectors - Page 3 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#31 Old 06-26-2006, 09:39 PM
WRXtuners Member

stang hunter is an unknown
OK i ordered the big 16g turbo 650cc injectors 255lph furl pump but i still cant decided what intercooler to get i found a turboxs front mount for $950 shipped but i think its to big for my set up...I'm stuck on the front mount but i cant decided which one to get maybe the injen it alot smaller help please !!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 06-27-2006, 06:17 AM
WRXtuners Member

trek98xc is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to trek98xc
You REALLY do not need a front mount for a 16g. Put some serious thought into this before ordering. If you are really suck on it, figure out what brand makes the smallest one. Even then youre going to get some lag.

rob
▼SbiΣ Mi▼
#33 Old 06-27-2006, 09:08 AM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
and remember you're going to need a retuned EM system for that setup.
#34 Old 06-28-2006, 04:49 PM
WRXtuners Member

I understand that a fmic causes lag that has been said a lot. I talked to my tuner and he said that a fmic on a big 16g with 550cfm will be my best choice for the most power . So I'm getting a fmic he said it will be fine the lag will not be that bad. He tunes atleast 3 wrx's a week so I'm going by what he said but thanks for the help! I will post my numbers when i get done and my opinion on the lag
#35 Old 06-28-2006, 04:57 PM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
On thing that could help with the lag is to use a Perrin EBCS or even cheaper a GM Syclone/Typhoon EBC.

Homebrewed tuned with Opensource!
#36 Old 06-28-2006, 08:43 PM
WRXtuners Member

How while ebc help with lag i dont know anthting about them?
#37 Old 06-29-2006, 09:18 AM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
The stock EBC (Electronic Boost Control) soleniod is a "bleed" type.Is somewhat slower acting than the Perrin unit or the GM unit which are "hold" type units.A "bleed" type trys to bleed off the signal (vaccum lines) to the wastegate to acheive the boost level it wants.This has slower responce and could cause some spiking.You get slower spool up from wasted exhaust energy slipping by the wastegate as well from the slower reponce.On a hold type the signal is totally held from going to the wastegate allowing the wastegate flapper to be under full tension untill the desired boost level is hit and then the signal is introduced.Better and faster boost control this way.

#38 Old 07-03-2006, 04:40 PM
WRXtuners Member

COOL DUMDUM THANKS i will look into one.........OK i have everything here i went with the big 16g 650cc injectors [thanks trex] 255 fuel pump and the turboxs front mount it will be installed this weekend and tuned monday wish me luck!!!!!
#39 Old 07-03-2006, 05:08 PM
WRXpert

bigbadbuddha is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to bigbadbuddha Send a message via MSN to bigbadbuddha
You could also try the APS dr 525 front mount it is sick and beautiful. keeps your stock fogs too.

Big Jae -
JDM version 7 bugeye
#40 Old 07-16-2006, 08:26 PM
WRXtuners Member

Well i finaly got everything installed all toghter my mods are turbo back, uppipe, utec ,255 lph fuel pump ,big16g 550cfm, 650cc injectors, turbo xs fmic, turboxs short ram intake,excerdy stage 1 clutch kit, and i just pick up a set of used konig 18 inch wheels with g force tires for $500. My car is sitting at ar fabractions waiting to be tuned. I cant wait to get it back. Howard say it should see 300 to 330awhp. Wish me luck.I will post some numbers tommoro and i will take to the track to see what i can run in a quarter mile.
#41 Old 07-17-2006, 06:03 AM
WRXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang hunter
Well i finaly got everything installed all toghter my mods are turbo back, uppipe, utec ,255 lph fuel pump ,big16g 550cfm, 650cc injectors, turbo xs fmic, turboxs short ram intake,excerdy stage 1 clutch kit, and i just pick up a set of used konig 18 inch wheels with g force tires for $500. My car is sitting at ar fabractions waiting to be tuned. I cant wait to get it back. Howard say it should see 300 to 330awhp. Wish me luck.I will post some numbers tommoro and i will take to the track to see what i can run in a quarter mile.
What are you using for EM?

#42 Old 07-17-2006, 12:08 PM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
he said UTEC

I'm curious how long your tranny will last with that clutch and >300whp. My guess is 750 miles.

04 STi 16G powered lagless fun
04 WRX: SOLD
#43 Old 07-17-2006, 12:53 PM
WRXtuners Member

Bades is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to Bades
stang hunter.. im from winchester va to... and if howard said it, its golden.... so im interested in ## numbers.... and ### colour ## car is.. pm me sumtime.. id like to see it
#44 Old 07-17-2006, 05:46 PM
WRXtuners Member

Come on mocs wish me alittle luck. Im having a hell of a time with this thing. If your going to be negitive please stay out of my tread . It will last as long as i want it to all i have to do is not slam gears and dont launch it. I will be doing a tranny upgrade next as soon as i get some money saved up again. Im really tired of everybody thinking they know everything just because they read it somewhere from sombody who read it somewhere. So please dont be a dick !!!!
#45 Old 07-19-2006, 09:49 PM
WRXtuners Member

ok i got the car done and tuned today it made 276awhp and 267awtq not bad considering it was 100+ degrees today. The lag in noticeable but not to bad when the boost reaches 18lb its insane. I love the new set up. Thanks to everyone with all the help.