700-800 Hp Blueprint - Subaru WRX Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 43 Old 09-29-2009, 02:05 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

MARZOSIRUS is an unknown
700-800 Hp Blueprint

Hello all

I just purchased a 2003 Impreza Wrx. I am looking for a laid out blueprint for a 700-800 hp engine. I want an engine that is durable and can last me at least 100,000 miles before any major repair. I also wonder if you can keep this kind of engine quiet to throw off the cops.
Also Transmission suggestions would be appreciated as well. I plan on using it mostly to quarter mile at the track. I would love a car that can get into the 9s in the quarter mile. Ten second quarter would be fine as well.
I will mostly be using it to race more expensive imports. That is the plan anyways.

So far I am looking at the Gruppes assembled engine GS700. The Transmission I am going to get is from Gruppes as well the Subaru STI six speed. I wonder if there are aftermarket transmissions that are better suited for 700-800 horses?

My budget is 30,000
Obviously I would love to spend less. But, not at the cost of reliability. I want a very very durable engine and transmission that can handle tons of torque and horsepower without cracking or exploding on me. Last thing I want happening is my car exploding when I rev up on that lamborghini or BMW. Please help guys. Any suggestions are welcome.

I want the best blue print. I already searched the internet. I only have found engine blueprints for up to 500hp. Help please.

Last edited by LiL Shoaf; 09-29-2009 at 10:10 AM. Reason: removed non approved content.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 43 Old 09-29-2009, 09:10 AM
WRXtuners Member

VisiX is a helpful contributing member
What your asking for is pretty impossible and noone is likely to do all the design work for you on a project this ambitious. Obviously you can get 700 crank hp but I doubt you can make it reliable for 100k miles. Running 700Hp on a stock transmission is definitely a bad idea. Sounds like you want a race car with regular car maintenance.

They do not allow street racing talk on here.

Last edited by VisiX; 09-29-2009 at 10:10 AM.
post #3 of 43 Old 09-29-2009, 10:09 AM
WRXpert

LiL Shoaf is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to LiL Shoaf Send a message via Yahoo to LiL Shoaf
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARZOSIRUS View Post
I am looking for a laid out blueprint for a 700-800 hp engine. I want an engine that is durable and can last me at least 100,000 miles before any major repair.
This is NOT going to happen period. Once a motor is pushed this hard it's going to need almost yearly service.. Sure it could stay running but it will lose compression and weaken losing power over the years.. Face it, if you want that kind of power then your going to have to do the work and spend the cash to do it right and often to keep in top running condition. A stock WRX 220ish crank hp and you want 700-800 (I assume)

Lets take a real look at this..

Stock 2002/03 wrx should be around 160whp and you want 700-800whp.. At 700whp the motor is producing over 4.25 times it's "reliable factory" condition. So how long do you think it will run??

If you want it to run for 100,000 miles leave it stock and drive it normally.. If you want 700-800whp then sell it and buy a V8 and slap a supercharger on it..

P.S. I have a feeling this is a BS post...

02 WRX.. "It's fun when it runs.. Problem is that it hardly ever does..."
post #4 of 43 Old 09-29-2009, 04:24 PM
WRXtuners Member

booosted09 is more helpful than not
Garage
The Suby boxer motor isnt a big HP motor anyway...

so stock its not even funny...just kinda sad :(
-Randy
post #5 of 43 Old 09-29-2009, 04:28 PM
WRXtuners Member

phatmike0704 is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to phatmike0704 Send a message via Yahoo to phatmike0704
naw dont bring the guy down lol. grab an sti, 3.0 liter, or just find a performance block to swap in, forged internals, dog box transmission, upgraded differentials/axles, beefed up the a** turbo, supporting mods. also BBK. but why would u daily a 700whp car? ## left leg is gonna be bigger than the other due to that heavy clutch. and as they said above ## gonna be lookin at a lot of maintence $$$.

u got $30,000, to drop on parts so i take it u dont got money problems lol. go 4 it. enjoy the project. also if u wanna beat a lambo or a any supercar, all u need is 500 to the wheels
post #6 of 43 Old 09-29-2009, 10:53 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Quote:
Originally Posted by booosted09 View Post
The Suby boxer motor isnt a big HP motor anyway...
It can be done....I mean look at crawford performance's cars. You can make a 500-600whp sti. Just don't expect it to be reliable. There's even some video on this forum with tanner foust driving a 600 something hp sti on a road course.

Edit: I had to post it up...because I thought it was on this forum already. I saw it somewhere else and it claimed the car was 600 something whp. Heres the forum link. Tanner Foust 2008 Super Lap Record
post #7 of 43 Old 09-30-2009, 04:08 AM
WRXtuners Member

midniteblack is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to midniteblack
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiL Shoaf View Post
P.S. I have a feeling this is a BS post...
my first thoughts. If you were serious about building a 700hp car you would know it's not going to be reliable and you would also know a few things about what you're building before coming here.
post #8 of 43 Old 09-30-2009, 06:58 AM
WRXpert

LiL Shoaf is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to LiL Shoaf Send a message via Yahoo to LiL Shoaf
Quote:
Originally Posted by midniteblack View Post
my first thoughts. If you were serious about building a 700hp car you would know it's not going to be reliable and you would also know a few things about what you're building before coming here.
He has also not been back..

02 WRX.. "It's fun when it runs.. Problem is that it hardly ever does..."
post #9 of 43 Old 09-30-2009, 08:31 AM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiL Shoaf View Post
He has also not been back..
but only time will tell if he has any more questions about his 9 second car.
post #10 of 43 Old 09-30-2009, 01:18 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Let me get in contact with my old shop. One of the guys there had an RS, 2years worth of work and was looking at about 700 AWHP out of it. Lots of work though, twin scroll turbo,EWG, 4" exhaust, built 6spd. If the post is real that is.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
post #11 of 43 Old 10-02-2009, 03:32 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

MARZOSIRUS is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by phatmike0704 View Post
naw dont bring the guy down lol. grab an sti, 3.0 liter, or just find a performance block to swap in, forged internals, dog box transmission, upgraded differentials/axles, beefed up the a** turbo, supporting mods. also BBK. but why would u daily a 700whp car? ## left leg is gonna be bigger than the other due to that heavy clutch. and as they said above ## gonna be lookin at a lot of maintence $$$.

u got $30,000, to drop on parts so i take it u dont got money problems lol. go 4 it. enjoy the project. also if u wanna beat a lambo or a any supercar, all u need is 500 to the wheels
Thanx for the info.

What kind of times at the track would I get with a 500hp machine. If I can get in the 9 to tens in the quarter mile with a 500hp engine. That is fine with me.
post #12 of 43 Old 10-02-2009, 04:04 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

MARZOSIRUS is an unknown
To those who think this is BS. Look I am no Automotive expert. I am not even a mechanic. I just always wanted to build my own sports car. I was considering buying a Pontiac G6,G8 and GTO. I also looked at the Honda Civic , S2000, Nissan 350z, Infiniti G35,G37s, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Mitsubishi Lancer Evo and then I looked at the Impreza and realized this was the car I wanted. So I bought me one. A black 2003 WRX with 83,176 miles on it.

I just wanted a tried and true formula for me to follow. Including the exact parts and set up. I mean exact. I will copy a proven setup step by step.
If 500-600hp will get me 9 seconds in the quarter mile then that is fine with me. I am just a man who wants massive power its only natural.

What is the most reliable 500-600hp set up. I dont care if it is the most common. I just want good advice before I spend my cash.
For starters I am going to buy the Gruppes Gs700 engine already built to go. From there I have no idea what exhaust or turbo to get. Also I want a strong Transmission as well. A proven winner that many have used before. Is a six cylinder swap possible?

Maybe I should have said this is my very first auto project. LOL! Oh well I have the body kit and paint job all planned out. I just want to make sure this baby can fly when I am done.

Last edited by MARZOSIRUS; 10-02-2009 at 04:07 AM. Reason: none
post #13 of 43 Old 10-02-2009, 04:10 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

MARZOSIRUS is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothegame View Post
Let me get in contact with my old shop. One of the guys there had an RS, 2years worth of work and was looking at about 700 AWHP out of it. Lots of work though, twin scroll turbo,EWG, 4" exhaust, built 6spd. If the post is real that is.
If you can get the exact name of the parts and transmission. Or basically what he did. In the end if I cant do it all. I will just take it to my local speed shop. I will have them copy the steps if it is a proven formula.
post #14 of 43 Old 10-02-2009, 06:09 AM
WRXtuners Member

Honestly, it is going to take a LOT of work to build yourself a 9 second car. You're in for quite a project, especially since you know nothing about what you want to build. My advise would be go to a local shop that seriously specializes in Subarus and has had experience in building and working with 9 or 10 second Subarus. Your going to need a huge turbo like a gt35/40/42r, some major fuel work, roll cage, stronger tranny/motor and many, many other things including stuff that meet the regulations of running a 9 second car on the track. Are you planning on driving this car yourself? Have you ever even driven a 400awhp car? Also, it's not going to be reliable. So basically, what i'm trying to say is find a shop that is serious into Subarus and talk to them about your build. This thread talks about wanting a 400hp car, nowhere near what you're looking for, but very informative none the less. Public Service Announcement. "I want 400whp!" Are you sure? - NASIOC

Here are just a few quick links i found with some fast cars and an idea of what their mods are.
http:
//forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1767485

http:
//forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1852860

AMR Build: Performance Chemicals, LLC. 2006 Subaru STi - 800+whp - More PARTS! PICS! - IWSTI.com: Subaru WRX STI Forums

40psi + HTA86/1.06 + AEM = WOW - NASIOC
post #15 of 43 Old 10-02-2009, 12:49 PM
WRXtuners Member

phatmike0704 is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to phatmike0704 Send a message via Yahoo to phatmike0704
post pics when u do the build. everyone likes before and aftr pics lol especially a 500whp+ bugeye
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread