300whp safely - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 10-14-2004, 09:28 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

WRXblurr is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to WRXblurr
300whp safely

well today was the big day for me i finally got to get tuned on the dyno at turbotrix.. my setup is vf22, RC650cc injectors,walbro fuel pump,hyperflow fmic,cusco headers,perrin up pipe,invidia down pipe,blitz nur spec cat back,step colder copper plugs,hks bov,utec,act clutch,lighter flywheel.

I put down 298whp and 289tq and it still had alot left but i wanted a safe tune.. iam running 17.5psi on the vf22.. jr had a kid in there a few weeks ago that had the exact setup as me but just not the headers.. seemed like the headers gave me a very smooth power cure. and gave me an extra 10whp over the kid with the same setup.. the dyno sheet is to come.. also i have a video of my car on the dyno to.. the power is great completly different car . seemed like jr told me 10times that iam going to blow my trans .. oh well just have to up grade! the car needless to say is a beast.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 10-15-2004, 10:50 AM
WRXtuners Member

Rizzo is an unknown
congrats

Very nice numbers from the vf22. I can't wait to do my next upgrades, turbo, etc.. Still not sure what I am going with though. How do you think the tranny will hold? Does it feel like its going to explode?

Enjoy your new beast!!
post #3 of 10 Old 10-15-2004, 11:56 AM
WRXtuners Member

hipo_wrx is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to hipo_wrx Send a message via Yahoo to hipo_wrx
thats sweet! g/l on not blowing your trans!
post #4 of 10 Old 10-15-2004, 02:34 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

WRXblurr is an unknown
I think jr is right about blowing up the tranny if i floor it in first or second.. i get on it in 3rd the whole front end of the car lifts up and iam gone.. when i shift to 4th the tranny like shifts hard but it isnt to bad.. i dont plan on launching the car anytime soon untill i have more money for gears.. but the vf22 is great.. its a little laggy but no where near as bad as people say it is.. and the power is worth the little bit of lag.. now that i have drove it for a while i kinda wish i went for the extra 10whp.. but oh well.. the setup is great and jr said the headers made a BIG difference.. the sound the car makes is crazy.. the waste gate is so loud and my bov is alot different its so loud.. iam really happy the way the car is but the only thing that is anyoing is the idle.. with the rc 650cc injectors i get some miss fires at idle some times.. but its not bad other then that..
post #5 of 10 Old 10-15-2004, 10:00 PM
WRXtuners Member

bah14 is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRXblurr
but the only thing that is anyoing is the idle.. with the rc 650cc injectors i get some miss fires at idle some times.. but its not bad other then that..

this would bother me. Are you going to let it stand or trying tweaching the setup a little?

"I hear Buschur Racing does WRX UTECs now ... oh buddy!"
post #6 of 10 Old 10-16-2004, 10:48 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

WRXblurr is an unknown
well it is miss fires at idle its mostly miss fires at start up.. i guess they are just dumping to much fuel.. i have talked to a few people they said it wont hurt the car.. maby just have to change the plugs sooner.. iam probly going to go back to turbo trixs to get that figured out and up the boost to 19psi.. 17.5 psi just isnt enuf for the vf22.. jr wanted to up the boost more but i didnt want to go any bigger.. oh well iam just going to have to go back there in november .
post #7 of 10 Old 10-16-2004, 01:35 PM
WRXtuners Member

hipo_wrx is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to hipo_wrx Send a message via Yahoo to hipo_wrx
go till she blows! unless your broke already. thats seems common for the wrx with the misfires, mines got a rough idle but all of the ones around here from what i hear are rough. id say its normal
post #8 of 10 Old 10-17-2004, 01:23 AM
WRXtuners Member

bah14 is an unknown
I'd get it fixed. With some proper tuning, i can't see why it couldn't be fixed. Personally, i have a hard time feeling safe with pushing my car if i know she's not getting the attention she needs.

"I hear Buschur Racing does WRX UTECs now ... oh buddy!"
post #9 of 10 Old 10-17-2004, 03:54 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

WRXblurr is an unknown
bah14 when you going to start hooking up that sti of yours.. you have a bullet proof tranny and the motor is very strong.. i would be at 400whp if i had that car .. just wondering why you havent done an exhaust or anything yet..
post #10 of 10 Old 10-17-2004, 05:24 PM

IBAUCLAPlaya is known to be trustworthy and helpful IBAUCLAPlaya is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to IBAUCLAPlaya
I think he has an exhaust and like an APS FMIC on his old one.