Subaru WRX Forum banner

$300 mod?

5K views 25 replies 11 participants last post by  pzr2874 
#1 ·
I have an 04 wagon that is stock except for some suspension mods. I have 300 to 400 dollars to spend and i think im going to buy the spt intake and heat shield. I've seen people have mixed opinions on these but im stilll pretty close to buying it. Does anyone have any different ideas for mods in this price range or should i go with the intake.

#6 ·
I agree with the RIOT act, save for a COBB AccessPort to improve power and power-delivery. This is referred to as a Stage 1 tune.

There are numerous threads about intake upgrades having low performance value and aftermarket heat shields tend to be cosmetic. Plus with an AccessPort you can put the COBB badge on the flanks of your fine machine and get a little 'bling' from your purchase as well as a true performance improvement. :)

#8 ·
I'm gonna go out and be an a$$. If all the guy has is $300-400 to spend he'd be better off saving it for maintenance rather than performance mods. We all know how much these cars cost to keep running, CORRECTLY!! I seriously hope you'll take my advice and save the money...

#14 ·
What kind of lowering springs do you have? You might need struts soon.

Do you have aftermarket endlinks as well or just sway bars? If not, you might want to consider buying some front and rear endlinks.

Besides those, other good mods for you would be: K&N panel air filter, GP Moto intake silencer delete, short shift lever, and/or polyurethane bushings anywhere and everywhere.

Your next serious round of mods should include a catless up pipe, bellmouth downpipe, any cat back, and Stage 2 reflash of some sort.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.