with 2g, what to do - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 01-20-2012, 08:34 PM
WRXtuners Member

Msegars88 is an unknown
with 2g, what to do

I have a stock WRX and about 2 grand willing to put into it. I have an idea what I want to do but I wanted to get others input what they think would be best use. Im looking for performence. I have already done the little looks I want with the car like tint and headlights. I also already have a turboxs muffler on it. Rolling on 18" lowpros
02 WRX wagon 134xxx miles.
all maintence already done.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-21-2012, 12:37 AM
WRXtuners Member

Kjott21 is known to be trustworthy and helpful Kjott21 is known to be trustworthy and helpful Kjott21 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
Turbo back exhaust and a tune.

My name is Ken and I am a HP Junkie.
#3 Old 01-21-2012, 09:37 AM
WRXtuners Member

BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
Depends, you could go several routs.
many would say upgrade your suspension so you have a better handling ride and you will be ready for more power then.

some will tell you to get an AP and a few bolt ups (such as exhaust and/or intake

but with 134k are you sure you've maintenance every thing that your car needs maintenance?
how are you top hats(probably shot and your struts could probably use some lovin').
And your belts were done a while back as well....right?

Not trying to bust your balls, I just want to see your ride last.

........GL..........!!!!

Edit: fixed the stupid ####### signs!!!!!! ERRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!

Randy-
2002 blaze WRX- sold:(
2004 Wrx-sold
2011 Wrx limited
99 Fozz- sold
Eagle eye crew

Last edited by BLAZE2099; 01-21-2012 at 12:59 PM. Reason: stupid #'s
#4 Old 01-21-2012, 10:06 AM
WRXtuners Member

brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to
Garage
With $2k? Fix your worn suspension. New struts, tophats, springs, and bushings.

With that many miles I wouldn't worry about adding power.
#5 Old 01-21-2012, 11:10 PM
WRXtuners Member

Msegars88 is an unknown
Well, Im glad to see yall are concerned with the maintence but as I said. It has been done. The suspension is great. Im just looking for the perforence now.

Im assuming a turboxs turbo-back exhaust and uppipe, GFB hybrid BOV, cobb intake and cobb plug'n'play. would be a good way to go.
After those things I am 100% in the dark.
Bigger turbo but Im not sure what must go with that. Fuel pump and injectors I assume. but how do I decide with turbo and such? I know nothing about them. with that many miles I know my turbo needs to be replaced.
#6 Old 01-22-2012, 03:18 AM
WRXtuners Member

Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to
A lot of guys go with an Sti turbo, vf39. You're correct, with that you want upgraded injectors (stock Sti will work) and a fuel pump. As well as an Sti top mount intercooler and the up pipe. You mentioned. Then a retune to use them.

You mentioned a Cobb plug n play, I assume that's an accessport?

355 awhp fp green six speed wagon in Corvette Atomic Orange
-Brandon
#7 Old 01-22-2012, 11:12 AM
WRXtuners Member

brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msegars88 View Post
Well, Im glad to see yall are concerned with the maintence but as I said. It has been done. The suspension is great. Im just looking for the perforence now.

Im assuming a turboxs turbo-back exhaust and uppipe, GFB hybrid BOV, cobb intake and cobb plug'n'play. would be a good way to go.
After those things I am 100% in the dark.
Bigger turbo but Im not sure what must go with that. Fuel pump and injectors I assume. but how do I decide with turbo and such? I know nothing about them. with that many miles I know my turbo needs to be replaced.
If you're still on the factory struts, then I assure you that they have been bad for quite some time. And I know the bushings haven't been replaced as pretty much nobody ever does this even though it makes a world of difference.

As I said, don't concern yourself with power. With a higher mileage car and modding you will be replacing expensive components sooner rather than later. A larger turbo is a deathblow to an older motor.
#8 Old 01-22-2012, 03:09 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
And a transmission fund with more power.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae