285HP = how much whp? - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 12-27-2005, 03:35 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

reefdiver550 is an unknown
Thumbs up 285HP = how much whp?

Im somewhat new to the forum, and am about to buy a 2003 wrx. It has a full 3' exhaust w/ cobb accessport on the stage 2 map, which cobb claims to be 285 hp, about how much whp is that?

Another thing, this car im about to buy is a 2003 wrx, with 70k miles. it has a full exhaust, cobb accessport, perrin springs, apexi turbo timer, bov, and im ###### gonna pay around 15,800 for it...just wonder if you all think this would be a good deal or not...almost all of the above mods were installed in the last two months (the time the current owner has owned it), and the guy is selling it b/c the house he bought made him not able to afford the car payments. I've driven it and the transmission seems fine, nowhere near the smoothness and feel of my current car (328i convt. ) but still doesn't seem to have anything wrong with it. downshifted from 2nd to 1st at 15mph with no problems.

another thing, does anyone have the street-tuner and have any comments on it?

thanks for the input guys.
AJ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 12-27-2005, 07:21 PM
WRXtuners Member

WRXtreme is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to WRXtreme
285hp = about 215-220whp. Thats not a bad price given the mods that are on it(current owner seems to know whats mods are good mods.). Only thing that pops out at me is the high milage.
post #3 of 6 Old 12-27-2005, 07:21 PM
WRXtuners Member

bradley03 is an unknown
If this car does have 285 hp you'll be around 220 hp at the wheels (roughly). That's a good price for that car with the amount of mods on it, just be careful with a car that's already modded. I learned the hard way. I spent close to 4 grand fixing mistakes that the guy before me made.
post #4 of 6 Old 12-27-2005, 08:36 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

what kind of problems did you run into?
post #5 of 6 Old 12-28-2005, 03:00 PM
WRXtuners Member

bradley03 is an unknown
I didn't know enough about Subaru's to know any better when I looked the car over. If I could do it over I would have researched a lot more before buying it. The car had a full TBE that was done by a local muffler shop (big mistake) there were exhaust leaks everywhere and a huge 3 foot long resonator because he must of thought it was too loud. I took all of that off and did a full Invidia TBE. The car also had aftermarket headers on it, they were cheap ass ebay headers that hung so low under the car I would bottom out on it constantly(at stock height). I also replaced that. The car also had a cheap ebay CAI on it, I didn't know at the time that headers and a CAI were not only unecessary but could even be bad for the car. The car also had a UTEC, I thought that was really cool but later found out that this guy must have thought he was a master tuner because he tried tuning it himself and srewed it way up. Anyways I fixed all of it and the car runs and drives like a dream now. I should have researched and looked the car over a lot more. The guy really seemed to know what he was talking about. After owning the car for awhile I now know better.
post #6 of 6 Old 12-28-2005, 11:24 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

sorry to hear about that man.

thanks for the input.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement