Subaru WRX Forum banner

20g wrx...TGV deletes and a few other related questions...

7K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  autonuerotic 
#1 ·
1) I've noticed that a lot of people run TGV delete's with a 20g turbo, are the delete's necessary to gain clearance so the TGV motor doesnt contact the compressor housing?

2) I understand deleting the TGV's will increase flow, but if the 20g will physically fit I would like to retain them for emission purposes. Is increased flow the only reason people delete TGV's?

3) The other issue with a 20g is the oil feed line... what size is the Banjo bolt for the 20g oil feed line? (I have a SS -4 AN line currently feeding my IHI so all I need is the correct banjo in -4 AN to retain my SS line.)

I currently have all the supporting mods including a front mount, 740cc injectors and Rom Raider EM. Lag isnt a concern...My car has changed a lot since I last updated my profile.

#2 ·
Im running a 20G on my 07 (a little different I know but) and I still have my TGVs, dont plan on touching them ever if I dont have to. I also run a TMIC on my car with no problems at all (its not even maxed out yet). As to your fitting question Im not sure, sorry.

#3 ·
Please correct me if im wrong, but im pretty sure it will fit. i deleted mine(still got stock turbo) and the only thing your really doing on the outside is taking a sensor off which is about an inch wide and replaceing it with a cover that is about 1/4 of an inch wide. so i belive you dont have to remove the TGVs. I did it because one broke..

#4 ·
You don't need to touch your TGV's for fittment. Also, disconnecting the sensor etc is not helping anything! The flowrate issue is the floating metal circle in the airstream. Sorry, bad explanation. Basically, it's still in the way unless you physically cut them out/replace the piece they're attached to. Turning them off is the worst of both worlds. They're non functional and still restrictive.

TGV deletes do help flowrate but the TGV's have their advantages, particularly if you don't always let your car fully warm up before driving off. They're on there for a reason.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.