2009 wrx turbo into a 04 wrx ? - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#16 Old 12-29-2008, 06:17 AM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosc View Post
also, the TD04 was stock on the 02-07, not the 08...
The 08 got a Td04L-13T with a revised compressor cover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost Addict View Post
Yeah, I was originally going to go with a used vf40. But I saw much greater potential with the vf52.
They are basiclly the same turbo.Deadbolt makes a VF40 retrofitted with a 18g compressor wheel.

Homebrewed tuned with Opensource!

Last edited by mosc; 12-29-2008 at 09:14 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 12-29-2008, 09:15 AM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
Thanks for the right info dumdum.

04 STi 16G powered lagless fun
04 WRX: SOLD
#18 Old 12-29-2008, 02:45 PM
Suspended

Boost Addict is more helpful than not
Quote:
Originally Posted by turmic View Post
Boost Addict: Please disclaim your numbers...your talking stage 2 + protune numbers. I've read your posts. A IHI VF 52 will not produce 290-320 (rough guesses) whp stock. Considering a VF48 won't do that stock either. Not belittleing you, just saying to clairify your not talking stock. Don't want people to get the wrong impressions. I'm actually curious to see what a stage 2 09 wrx setup with a protune can produce. Should be awesome numbers. I know what a upgraded 08 sti can do with a blouch 50 trim turbo and protune can make. There is one locally around here for sale, off the tuner that upgraded it. From a mustang dyno it made 327 wheel horsepower and 329 wheel torque on 93 octane. The link of the car if you want to look at it: Current & Past Projects 08 STI

Edit: Apprantly the 08 STI TMIC is pretty good, if they're running the stocker. Just re-painted with tuner logo. They don't have it listed as upgraded.
That STI made some great power considering the small amount of mods! Aren't Mustang dynos generally the one's that read lower as well? I'd be interested in seeing what a Mustang reads an STI w/ TBE, Intake and Tune.

My tuner showed me a dyno of an 08 STI with intake, catback and tune. It put down a cool 290 whp and 340 wtq on the dyna-pack. I'm realistically looking for ~290 whp, but feel that optimistically with my upgraded TMIC and Downpipe, I should be in the 310 whp terroritory. We'll see within a month

And with your civil approach, I have no reason to feel belittled or offended. You're absolutely right, a stock 09 WRX cannot put those numbers down. I have commonly seen turbo models referring to the numbers they are capable of to give us an idea of the power level we'd like to obtain. Case in point, the vf52 can effectievely put out 290-320 whp if properly tuned. However, I can definitely see how some may misinterpret this, so thank you for pointing it out. I'll do my best to be more clear with those figures in the future!