Subaru WRX Forum banner

2006 turbo on 2002 wrx

5K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  basco 
#1 ·
someone is selling a 2006 wrx turbo and intercooler, and i am wondering if both this parts can be installed on a 2002 wrx without any modification ? is there any performance advantage other then driving around with a newer less mileage one...?

#9 ·
for any turbo upgrade on a 02-07 WRX a fuel system upgrade is a necessity...people max out the stock fuel system on the stock turbo...if I were you I would go with this list of parts:

STi pinks or similar sized injectors
Walbro 255lph fuel pump
Catless Up-Pipe
Downpipe
Tune
16G turbo

this can all be done at a reasonable price and will definitely meet you power goals and leave you with a lot more potential when your ready for it

Reactions: mosc
#10 ·
excellent..i was thinking of the same ! thank you very much for your feed back.. i am upgrading my broken AA transmission to a BA...would this be good ? i dont plan on going past this set up and i dont drag race..just like to commute on a faster car then everyone else..and i want to catch those yellow lights..lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.