Subaru WRX Forum banner

18g

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  REXronald 
#1 ·
well, i ordered my 18G from Forced performance today, paid extra for the polish job (because it just looks so tight all shiny like that)....

should have it and do the install 2 saturdays from now... soon as its in and running i'm scheduling dyno tuning at TXS.... hoping just to break the 300WHP mark... not looking to push the car serious hard, but will probably get a race gas map made just for sh_ts and giggles..... i'll post numbers once i got 'em..... anythings gotta be better than my poor Vf30 with a desparate limp. (compressor is scraping the housing and making some serious flutter noise at high boost)..................... 18 here i come!!!!! :eek:

#3 ·
Don't worry, you'll get to see it...

i will do that work at my dad's, so we can put the car on the lift and make it easier... be happy to take you for a spin after the dyno tuning.... :D

provided my tranny lasts for 5 hours from maryland back to ohio after the dyno tuning is done... i may be so boost-happy at that point that i blow the whole car up!

#5 ·
Will Do

probably sometime between the 21st of August and 2nd of september if at all possible. it all depends on when i recieve it.... I can only do the install on a saturday, and i don't want to schedule the appointment with TXS until i have it installed and know the car runs well enough to get me from Ohio to TXS, hopefully TXS will have an opening on fairly short notice during that timeframe (thats when i'm on vacation from work).... but if it doesn't work out for that week, i WILL part water to get there sooner rather than later...

R

#8 ·

not sure race gas tune will be possible, depends on where the STi's are at... if they max out at 21 psi, then there will be no point to a race gas tune, since the addt'l boost won't be available w/out adding more fuel i assume... guess we'll see...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.