1 bung 2 many ? - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 08-04-2005, 10:37 PM
WRXtuners Member

WRX_Stud is an unknown
1 bung 2 many ?

Hey everyone ! im not sure when my car is up for e-test but im pretty sure ill have to get it done by the end of the month to get my new plate sticker ! anyway, my question is, does the TXS RFL-TI exhaust pass e-test with the Highflow cat only ? (yes i do have a catless uppipe as well)

also, i was helpin a friend put the SAME setup on his WRX and noticed 2 bungs welded on his exhaust, one on the DP which i put the O2 sensor in, and another on the highflow cat ... A plug came with the system, but it only fits the DP bung, and the O2 sensor doesnt fit on in the HFcat bung, so i just left it open .... whats that bung for ? and what size do you know so i can put a plug in it ?

Thanks everyone
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-04-2005, 11:01 PM
WRXtuners Member

TRUSTwrx is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to TRUSTwrx
emissions-

The exhaust should pass emissions as long as you have all your sensors either plugged in or CEL-Fixed. The emissions test in maryland is just a plug-in to the OBD-II to make sure you arent throwing any cat codes. I passed with a Invidia Downpipe (CEL-Fixed because it deletes the cat sensor) and a HKS Hi-Power exhaust. The 2nd plug in the exhaust is your EGT-sensor (I believe). It should have been attached in the same place on your stock exhaust. My down-pipe and cat-back install was a breeze. Did it in the driveway. Hope this helps.
#3 Old 08-04-2005, 11:05 PM
WRXtuners Member

WRX_Stud is an unknown
his wasnt a breeze ... took about 5 hrs !!! bolts on his stocker were so rusted ... (though i do mean 5hrs start to finish) including garage cleanup and lifting and lowering the car, but still ... lol it took like 3 hrs to undo his old exhaust and about another hr to put everything on !! i guess egt would fit there, but still there is none just the o2 sensor ... so i need a plug for it then

Last edited by WRX_Stud; 08-05-2005 at 02:49 PM.
#4 Old 08-05-2005, 02:45 PM
WRXtuners Member

hondaeater is more helpful than not
it's not for EGT, EGT goes in your exhaust mani. That bung closest to your turbo is for a WB AFR 02 sensor. The part that baffles me is that they SHOULD be the same size, my wb sensor plugged right into a stock location for my stock 02 sensor. Your stock 02 sensor should be AFTER you cat, the one before it should be plugged. You'll need mechanical fixes to pass OBDII, and you might want to scan your ECU BEFORE going in for the test to make sure you can pass. . . because you pay pass or fail.
#5 Old 08-05-2005, 02:53 PM
WRXtuners Member

WRX_Stud is an unknown
Well i just put his o2 sensor in the DP bung, and the HFcat bung (which is after the cat) i just left it open without anything in it ! i wonder if TXS welded the wrong bung onto it ..... sounds great, runs great, fit great ... just wierd that it should be kinda opposite, ... being that the o2 should fit where the cat is, and the plug to fit the DP bung .... idk .. maybe ill call TXS and ask them about it
#6 Old 08-05-2005, 03:05 PM
WRXtuners Member

The downpipe tapers to 3" towards the tail and even includes a pre-welded 02 sensor bung for installing an aftermarket wideband O2 sensor

from TXS's website. aftermarket WB sensor go BEFORE the cat, stock 02's go AFTER the cat.
#7 Old 08-05-2005, 03:26 PM
WRXtuners Member

WRX_Stud is an unknown
yah but then whats the second bung for after the cat ? and why wouldnt i get a plug for that one ? because i got one for the DP bung
#8 Old 08-05-2005, 03:29 PM
WRXtuners Member

did you read what i posted? The first bung nearest the TURBO is optional bung for a WB sensor, this should be plugged if you are NOT using an aftermarket WB setup, that's why they give you a plug, most people don't run WB setups all the time. The second bung is the stock location for the rear 02 sensor. . . my god it's not that difficult.
#9 Old 08-05-2005, 03:32 PM
WRXtuners Member

WRX_Stud is an unknown
buddy obviously you didnt read MY post, cause the o2 doesnt fit in the stock location !
#10 Old 08-05-2005, 03:34 PM
WRXtuners Member

i'm just telling you where the sensors are SUPPOSED TO GO, i don't make the DP's dood. . .
#11 Old 08-05-2005, 03:36 PM
WRXtuners Member

WRX_Stud is an unknown
yah and i appreciate that, but you dont have to get all twisted, i understand where they are SUPPOSED to go, but the problem is that they arent goin where they are supposed to