05 WRX help - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#16 Old 03-15-2013, 04:31 PM
WRXtuners Member

brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevensnedd View Post
What do you suggest I do? I can't get a new turbo right now so cut that out. I don't drive it daily, so what should I do for everything to run right? I can't get a custom (dyno) tune, so it'll have to be like an accessport custom map or something.
You shouldn't even be driving it now with the mods that are on it if it's not already tuned for them. Bury the keys in your backyard if you have to and hope you haven't caused any problem with how far you've already driven. Aftermarket fuel rails alone with throw off your fueling and REQUIRE a custom tune. The turbo needs a custom tune as well. Is that your complete mod list? I ask because there are other parts for a turbo upgrade that are also required that are not on your list. If that list is all you have and you can't afford an tune, then you need to fine a new stock turbo and a new stock fuel rail before you turn the car on again.

Assuming you have all the parts you need for the upgrade, you can get a road tune for those mods, but you need a base map before you can touch it again or drive to the tuner.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 03-17-2013, 02:14 AM
WRXtuners Member

stevensnedd is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
You shouldn't even be driving it now with the mods that are on it if it's not already tuned for them. Bury the keys in your backyard if you have to and hope you haven't caused any problem with how far you've already driven. Aftermarket fuel rails alone with throw off your fueling and REQUIRE a custom tune. The turbo needs a custom tune as well. Is that your complete mod list? I ask because there are other parts for a turbo upgrade that are also required that are not on your list. If that list is all you have and you can't afford an tune, then you need to fine a new stock turbo and a new stock fuel rail before you turn the car on again.

Assuming you have all the parts you need for the upgrade, you can get a road tune for those mods, but you need a base map before you can touch it again or drive to the tuner.
yes, that is the complete mod list. I'm thinking about going vf39, with STi injectors, with an OTS cobb map, I have a manual boost controller on it, wouldd that affect anything? but what fuel rails would i need with a vf39? could i keep them as they are?
#18 Old 03-17-2013, 03:25 AM
WRXtuners Member

btw, what other mods would I need to go with a vf39 set up besides the injectors and a cobb ots tune?
#19 Old 03-17-2013, 12:16 PM
WRXtuners Member

thekamikaze kid is a helpful contributing member
coorect me if im wrong but im pretty sure u need a custom tune. i dont think an off the shelf map would work with all that stuff.
#20 Old 03-17-2013, 01:40 PM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekamikaze kid View Post
coorect me if im wrong but im pretty sure u need a custom tune. i dont think an off the shelf map would work with all that stuff.
cobb has an ots map for a vf39, with STi pinks injectors. I'm thinking about buying a stock turbo to put on it, and taking my upgraded fuel rails off, boost controller off, and getting an accessport and run stage 2 for now, and upgrade little things.
#21 Old 03-17-2013, 02:15 PM
WRXtuners Member

brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to
Garage
You need to have exactly what the tune calls for. I think it specifically states JDM Pink STI injectors. You can find those used for ~$200, but be aware that they are more rare these days since newer cars haven't needed them for 7 years now.

You also need a better clutch if it's still on the factory one.
#22 Old 03-17-2013, 02:34 PM
WRXtuners Member

I'd need a vf39, and JDM pinks. anyone have any of those for sale? But I do currently have a stage 2 clutch. could I get a custom map from somewhere to tune for the fuel rails possibly?
#23 Old 03-17-2013, 02:39 PM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevensnedd View Post
cobb has an ots map for a vf39, with STi pinks injectors. I'm thinking about buying a stock turbo to put on it, and taking my upgraded fuel rails off, boost controller off, and getting an accessport and run stage 2 for now, and upgrade little things.
Ah,I only said that cause I went to Cobb for a stage 1 with a short ram and they didn't even have that, I guess it was just my model year. They refeeredme to a list of tune shops that offered e tunes. They can make custom base maps for whatever u got.
#24 Old 03-17-2013, 03:26 PM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekamikaze kid View Post
Ah,I only said that cause I went to Cobb for a stage 1 with a short ram and they didn't even have that, I guess it was just my model year. They refeeredme to a list of tune shops that offered e tunes. They can make custom base maps for whatever u got.
can you link me to that? I'll probably need that down the line,I actually might be able to get the accessport and use one of those maps now, if its completely custom
#25 Old 03-17-2013, 03:44 PM
WRXtuners Member

thjese guys are e tuners, all the info is on their site. heres the link...
e-Tuners
the site i went to u just tel them all your mods and they make u a base map, then u datalog using your ap and sesnd it to them through email and they give u a custom tune. hope this helps! oh and heres a link on data logging...
http://video.search.yahoo.com/video/...yfp-t-900&tt=b
#26 Old 03-17-2013, 03:56 PM
WRXtuners Member

i have actually never done this and plan to get a tune at a tune shop, but if this is your only option, i think a few ppl on this site have done this maybe they will "chime in".