Subaru WRX Forum banner

04 wrx leaky head gasket

19K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  413TreX 
#1 ·
I just bought a silver 2004 wrx and the head gasket has a slow leak and a leaky axle seal. Im glad I am under warranty to get it fixed for free but is this a common problem with the 04's? I grew up around cars so I noticed this right away but I got it at a good price (16500) and it only has 32k on it:rocks:

This post has been deleted
#16 ·
Man if you are still driving that around it could be more expensive then you think. If you drive for a while with a blown head gasket it can and will warp your heads which will then need to be machined. Im going to guess that head gaskets on a wrx pays about 6-7 hours ? Thats a complete guess and its probably low too. most places charge around $100 bucks an hour for labor so your looking at $600-$700 + parts for a head gasket replacement, and thats without the heads getting machined. Keep in mind they change them both at the same time regardless, at least they should.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.