04 wrx leaky head gasket - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 17 Old 08-11-2009, 06:28 PM
WRXtuners Member

04wrxhart is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by 413TreX View Post
im looking in the direction of my head gasket being blown just from some of the posts ive been reading.( white smoke, coolant leval down, high temp- once) how much on average does it cost for the job to be done?
Man if you are still driving that around it could be more expensive then you think. If you drive for a while with a blown head gasket it can and will warp your heads which will then need to be machined. Im going to guess that head gaskets on a wrx pays about 6-7 hours ? Thats a complete guess and its probably low too. most places charge around $100 bucks an hour for labor so your looking at $600-$700 + parts for a head gasket replacement, and thats without the heads getting machined. Keep in mind they change them both at the same time regardless, at least they should.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 17 Old 08-12-2009, 08:08 AM
WRXtuners Member

413TreX is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04wrxhart View Post
Man if you are still driving that around it could be more expensive then you think. If you drive for a while with a blown head gasket it can and will warp your heads which will then need to be machined. Im going to guess that head gaskets on a wrx pays about 6-7 hours ? Thats a complete guess and its probably low too. most places charge around $100 bucks an hour for labor so your looking at $600-$700 + parts for a head gasket replacement, and thats without the heads getting machined. Keep in mind they change them both at the same time regardless, at least they should.
naw not driving it, i currently dont have a liesence so its been sitting a while, i just noticed it as i was starting it up and letting it run becuase its been sittin for a month an a week. maybe thats why its got a small amount of white smoke?