Subaru WRX Forum banner

03 WRX build?!?

7K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  titter 
#1 ·
I'm planning on building my 03 WRX. My goal is to get as close to 350hp as I can. I'm not trying to go overboard price wise and part wise cause it's still going to be a daily driver. I've made a mod list that I plan on purchasing, but I'm not quite sure it'll get me there. Any suggestions, parts, or mod list?

#2 ·
@Imthatbyrd, We talked about your goals at length in your previous thread about turbo swaps and injectors. I was under the impression that your goals were more moderate at 250HP to the wheels. Did you change your mind?

pulling from your previous thread you are looking at this mods list -

STi TMIC, VF39 Turbo, Pink injectors, TBE and a tune.

If you need more help we are glad to offer it but please try to keep info from previous threads handy.

Also in your previous thread we were only talking about turbo/injector upgrades but if you are looking to put down 250-350 WHP please make sure your braking components and suspension are up to the task of slowing down and turning as well.

#3 ·
Yes, I'm pretty sure I remember what we talked about in "turbos and injectors". Most of those things we mentioned are a part of my mod list, but I'm shooting towards getting past the 2's. Anything 300 or above would be fine with me. Plus I didn't really find a good VF39 turbo so I might need an alternative. I have brakes and suspension all covered.

#4 ·
Please post your mods list so we don't make ourselves redundant.

Post What you have installed already, What you have purchased already, and what you plan to purchase and we can help you shape your list to make it work.

RallySportDirect has plenty of turbos available in a wide range of sizes and options.

Please pardon me if I am being dense but I don't believe we discussed your reasons for 250 or 300+ wheel horsepower. "I just want it" is an acceptable answer just so we know how to proceed.

Also you made a comment in the beginning of this thread that "I'm not trying to go overboard price wise and part wise cause it's still going to be a daily driver"
-Unfortunately as with most makes there is a saying "Fast, Reliable, Cheap - Pick 2" 300whp without breaking the piggy bank sounds like a pretty lofty goal from a 2.0L. There are a few guys on here who can help you with pricing reliable high power builds but they are not cheap for a daily driver.

hope that helps

#5 ·
I have some aftermarket exhaust (hadn't gotten around to checking which one it is, cold air intake, boost guage, hellatone horns, sparco seats, and possible more. All of this was installed before I got the car. I've purchased it, but haven't seen the car since I bought it. This is my list:
Invidia Uppipe
Invidia V2 Downpipe Bellmouth
Mishimoto Black Top Mount Intercooler
COBB Tuning High Flow Filter
Subaru STI 565cc Pink Injector
Invidia Racing Series Cat Back Exhaust Titanium Tip
KSTech
Weldless TGV Delete Kit
GrimmSpeed Boost Solenoid
NGK Iridium Spark Plugs One Step Colder 2667
Tomei Silicone Turbo Inlet Hose
Tomioka Racing TD05-16G Turbo
GrimmSpeed Lightweight Pulley
Walbro Fuel Pump Kit 255lph
COBB SF Intake + SF Airbox

My plans for it is just to have fun. It's gonna be my daily so I want to be able to drive it during the week without it guzzling so much gas, but have it fast enough to where I can still mess around on the weekend

#8 ·
i hear the ej205 starts to blow up at 325-350 whp. you might want to look into a ej207 swap and just start with 325whp to begin with. you can do a V7 swap without the drive train into the '03. would probably cost around the same as all those mods. i myself recently aquired an '02 wrx wagon and looking to make it a 300+ whp daily driver. from what i have found out, an engine swap is probably better and cheaper.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.