Subaru WRX Forum banner

Are the WRX V7 and V8 Front o2 sensors the same?

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  titter 
#1 ·
Hi guys, I left my car running in the garage (Forgot), the garage is small so after a while it tripped the o2 sensor, it's now cooked....

I don't want to pay $469.99 including install for a new one...

I have found one for $50 from a V7 WRX, I'm wondering if this will fit in my V8 WRX?

Thanks Guys, Mike

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
"versions" only refer to STI models in JDM land and are only a term used in the enthusiast world. "versions" stopped after version 6. please do not refer to non-sti as "versions" as you will not get a proper answer as people will think your talking about JDM STI's. also dont use "versions" to talk about USDM models as the "versions" are completely different.

your answer has two answers

JDM - version 7 is single scroll and version 8 is twin scroll. the 02 sensor is in a comepletely different spot and the wire wont reach.
USDM - its the exact same part 02-05 yes it will fit.

again please only use "versions" to describe JDM STI's, and even then you should us the GDB Rev A-F designations. also they never made a "version 8" wagon. STI wagons ended with version 6 in 99-00

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.