WRX or 300c.... - Subaru WRX Forum
View Poll Results: Which is fastest, most fun, and overall best performance?
Subaru WRX (04-05) 7 100.00%
Chrysler 300c 5.7 HEMI (05) 0 0%
Dodge Charger 5.7 HEMI (05) 0 0%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 06-28-2013, 01:09 PM
WRXtuners Member

Conmmo is an unknown
Exclamation WRX or 300c....

I am not sure if I am in the right area to post this or not, or even the right website, but please help me out! The three vehicles i'm mainly interested in is a Subaru WRX (04-05), Chrysler 300c 5.7 hemi(05), or a Dodge Charger 5.7(05). I want a car that looks nice, but performs better. I have heard the 300c and Charger are pretty much the same car with a different body. The Subaru is a completely different car though. Out of all these cars which is faster? Which performs best? The Subaru comes with 227 HP stock (pre 06 models), and the 300c comes with 340 HP along with the Charger I do believe. The Dodge and Chrysler obviously weighs more, but a big concern I have is... Which car is most fun to drive? I was thinking the Subaru, but I am more so leaning towards the Chrysler or Dodge. I like the sound of a Hemi, but I also like the sound of a turbo charger. HELP! If there are any other vehicles you would like to recommend please feel free to do so. I'm open to all suggestions. Performance>Fun>Looks. Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-28-2013, 02:09 PM
WRXtuners Member

Haw1es is more helpful than not
Garage
Welcome to the forum! Im not sure how many unbiased opinions you will get lol,but I have driven a 300c a few years ago and a co-worker has a 2013 charger. I def prefer my WRX over the other three. I like it because its smaller but can still hold 4 people. The awd is amazing in the winter, I had no issues at all and my tires were slightly bald. Depending on your preference, the WRX is the way to go.
#3 Old 06-28-2013, 02:29 PM
WRXtuners Member

wrxdan is more helpful than not
+1 ^^^^^^^^
#4 Old 06-28-2013, 05:25 PM
WRXtuners Member

Brockton is a helpful contributing member
Garage
The AWD is a big plus, and there's always room for improvement on turbo'd cars
#5 Old 06-28-2013, 07:16 PM
Premium Member

arewmors is more helpful than not
Garage
Welcome to the forum! Definitely the WRX. I don't think I could go with a newer mopar. If you like a hemi buy 60s or 70s mopar with a hemi . I'm as much an old muscle car mopar guy as I am into new foreign cars. I have both. IMO were comparing apples and oranges. What are you looking at doing with this car and looking to get out of it? If you want fun WRX is the way to go for sure, I'd agree with prior posts. Standard 5 speed, awd, great resale, more opportunities to make it better. You won't get another car that sounds like a WRX boxer engine either.

Andy - 12 WRB WRX
Tuned by Innovative Tuning
294 AWHP / 311 TQ
#6 Old 06-28-2013, 10:30 PM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Where's the SRT8 Jeep option????

I guess I'll go with their responses....

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#7 Old 06-29-2013, 06:52 AM
Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pzr2874 View Post
Where's the SRT8 Jeep option????

I guess I'll go with their responses....
Well that would be a great option! Actually forgot about that one. Don't see those alot around me. Thats has to be a quick fun ride. I did see one go 7s in 1/8th mile once I guess I can retract my previous statement of not getting any newer mopar. The SRT8 is one of the few exceptions.

Andy - 12 WRB WRX
294 AWHP / 311 TQ
#8 Old 06-29-2013, 09:32 AM
Premium Member

the RIOT act is more helpful than not
Garage
What kind of driving you like to get into? If you're into drag or just want that around town straight line power the Chrysler/Dodge would be my recommendation.

But if you like backroads, AutoX events, and the ability to drive year round with no problem then Subaru all day!

Don't forget the fact that Chrysler/Dodge are some of the worst offenders of unnecessary breakdowns and front end problems. Foreign manufacturers are just better at creating long lasting low maintenance vehicles...sad but true!

And don't let the baseline HP of a Subaru fool you, cause with minimal mods surpassing the V8 stock HP of Chrysler/Dodge is more than obtainable and the TQ that Subaru can put down can also match the 375 range of both Chrysler/Dodge as well.

But if you do go with a Subaru in the 05' range reaching the goal of 350hp/375tq is going to require modding like I said. It's gonna be hard to find one with low enough miles to safely be modding into the above HP/TQ range. I'd recommend trying to find something a little newer than an 05' and with under 75k if you're gonna be modding. Never modded as well...good luck with that lol!

Very interested to know which way you go though. Keep us all posted.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Brandon - 13' SWP WRX Sedan
#9 Old 06-29-2013, 10:53 AM
WRXtuners Member

brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to
Garage
Charger and 300 are both cruisers. The WRX is not. It's smaller and harsher but handles better and is easier to upgrade. Pick what's important to you.
arewmors likes this.
#10 Old 06-29-2013, 11:42 AM
Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
Charger and 300 are both cruisers. The WRX is not. It's smaller and harsher but handles better and is easier to upgrade. Pick what's important to you.
+1 that sums it up in a nut shell! :thumbup:

Andy - 12 WRB WRX
294 AWHP / 311 TQ
#11 Old 06-29-2013, 02:25 PM
WRXtuners Member

Conmmo is an unknown
Thank you guys for all the responses!!! I have narrowed it down a bit. I have eliminated the Chrysler and Dodge. I have discovered a new vehicle to contend with the WRX... The Audi s4 with the v8 engine. What are your thoughts on the Wrx vs Audi s4 v8? Unbiased opinions please!
#12 Old 06-29-2013, 04:27 PM
Premium Member

Garage
Oh boy lol! That was my dilemma when buying my new car! It was either the 2010 S4 or a 2013 WRX. I based my choice between the two by the fact the WRX is obv better on gas, can go off road, and has more readily available mods to buy. Audi's are also well known for electrical problems and the interior dash to me just looks very...blah I guess and analog looking. Like something from 1995 lol! But Audi's and BMW's have always had hideous interior dash setups IMO and still do. The interior was probably my biggest determining factor honestly. Just couldn't get passed it....

#13 Old 06-29-2013, 06:11 PM
WRXtuners Member

Conmmo is an unknown
I liked the 2004 Audi s4 v8 interior! The Recaro racing seats were very nice. Seemed like a good mix of luxury and sport. I have heard both of these cars are great. I'm not really going to be modding a lot. Maybe a couple minor things. When I discovered the Audi I fell in love! Haha. I won't be going off road either. I want a fun, powerful, comfortable ride that won't disappoint! I feel both of these cars can provide this. More info and feedback please on these two great vehicles!
#14 Old 06-29-2013, 06:21 PM
Premium Member

Garage
From the sounds of it you're more of an Audi kinda guy. The WRX is nowhere near a comfortable or smooth ride I can vouche for that...even on a newer one. I test drove the Audi as well and it was far superior to the ride of a WRX. I'll google some pics of the style you're looking at. What color??

#15 Old 06-29-2013, 06:27 PM
Premium Member

Garage
I love an S4....
Name:  ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1372548413.195846.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  131.0 KBName:  ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1372548426.590572.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  136.8 KBName:  ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1372548438.545664.jpg