Agreed and welcome!

2015 WRX Limited
bone stock...for now
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 05-19-2014, 09:14 PM
WRXtuners Member

An6elo is an unknown
I just picked up my 2014 wrx ltd sedan. I drove both 2014 and 2015 and in my opinion, 2014 was the better car... Rough and ready with a nice grunt! 2015 was too well behaved and ugly!!! Also as it's a new gen, it's bound to have teething issues where as with the last of the 2014, everything is ironed out.... This is my 5th wrx and I love it... I won't be buying the 2015 shape
#18 Old 05-20-2014, 01:16 AM
WRXtuners Member

Brockton is a helpful contributing member
Garage
I wouldn't say everything is ironed out, but I know what you mean.
#19 Old 05-20-2014, 06:52 AM
WRXtuners Member

An6elo is an unknown
These cars aren't perfect :-) but extremely addictive!

Going back to 2014 vs 2015, I was lucky enough the test them both side by side within the same hour! The dealership knocked $3k off the 2014 and that was just the icing on the cake.

2015's handling seemed slightly tighter, brakes were sharper and steering was slightly crisper but not enough feedback on the brakes and steering. It didn't have the "grunt" of the 2014 and it didn't feel faster (although they claim it has more torque and bhp)... Felt more like my old 2013 civic Si than a Subaru.... And... It has lost most of the burbling noise... And ... It looks a lot more like a standard Impreza than a Rex .... It need more bulges and bigger flared arches to make it stand out more.

If anyone want the 2014.. There aren't many left and if you push the dealers, they will give you nice offers!

Good luck
#20 Old 05-20-2014, 11:10 AM
WRXtuners Member

ramm21 is an unknown
It would seem to me that the 14 would have more potential than the 15. We get a 2.5L that comes with 14lbs of boost from the factory. The new gen is 2.0L with 18lbs of boost, producing about the same numbers (they claim). Seems to me like producing more power would be much cheaper and safer in the old gen since we don't have to run as much boost as the new gen to put up similar numbers.
That being said, I don't know much about the 15 tranny. The 6speed sounds enticing, and probably will be more capable than older gens 5speed.

-Miguelito
#21 Old 05-21-2014, 12:03 AM
WRXtuners Member

Garage
Its a different platform. Only time will tell its potential. Anyone serious about power is going to upgrade the turbo anyway.
#22 Old 05-21-2014, 10:02 AM
WRXtuners Member

ramm21 is an unknown
Dyno tested: 2015 Subaru WRX vs. 2015 Subaru WRX STI - Road & Track

thats the link to road and track article that compares the 2015 wrx and sti. not comparing to 2014 i know, but its interesting.

i was reading some comments on the bottom and someone said the 6speed transmission is the same one in the BRZ. Is that true?

-Miguelito
#23 Old 06-24-2014, 06:50 PM
WRXtuners Member

Andrew_2015WRX is an unknown
Hey Sammy,
I am new to the Forum and new to Subaru's. I recently picked up a 2015 WRX and the car impresses me more and more everyday. I opted out and got the CVT, which I am extremely happy with. It shifts very smooth and is a total blast to drive. I had it off road the other day smashing up and down a mountain and it was hands down the most fun I have had tearing up dirt roads.

It is a little frusturating that there are not that many after-market parts yet. All that I have done to mine is tint, K&N Filter and Rally Armor mud flaps.

I plan to drive it very hard and use the warrenty, but to each their own. I can wait a while till more parts come out, the 2015 has more then enough to get me by for awhile.

Hope that helps.
#24 Old 06-24-2014, 07:01 PM
WRXtuners Member

Garage
Being a WRX I'm sure parts will come quickly, a lot of stuff is already in developement. Next year or two and there should be quite a bit.
#25 Old 08-11-2014, 12:37 PM
WRXtuners Member

glowman is an unknown
My personal input

I picked up my 2015 on August 8th. My feedback would be this I drove a 13 WRX for about 2 years I've drove the 15 for about 2 days. I do believe for me personally the 15 is a smoother more comfortable ride, with less road noise, brakes are better and I did go with the CVT option as well. The interior is also put together better than my 13. I feel that the 15 body style is more aggressive I like the bigger lower rockers that is has as well. Again it's only been two days but I wouldn't go back on my choice. I had my 13 completely stock as well the exhaust notes aren't that different at least to my ears.

Cheers.
#26 Old 08-11-2014, 01:47 PM
WRXtuners Member

arcticscythe is known to be trustworthy and helpful arcticscythe is known to be trustworthy and helpful
glowman,

You lost me CVT, Oh well to each his own. I like the new front end but the tail kinda reminds me of the newer Civics. Its cool to hear that its a more refined ride, My fiance is looking at a 15 or maybe waiting until 2016 depending on work.

oh and welcome to the community : )

Jason
13 WRX Hatch