Subaru WRX Forum banner

Why do people keep telling me my 08wrx sux?

4K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  newtothegame 
#1 ·
I do not get why everyone tells me my car looks like a carolla has shitty suspension and is slow. Also that the 09's are way better.
A 23k investment to have people rip on me???? not cool. lol
Just want to start a thread for 08 owners who are hated on.

btw what components does the 09 suspension have that are different from the 08?

#5 ·
^^^ I come to Lafayette often.

To the OP: It is your car brother, if you like it, then rock on! Forget what others say, when it is in the form of naysaying, learn to drive(if you do not already) and show the oppressors what your car cna do at an AutoX or something. Good luck!

#9 ·
uh the kid that was really rippin on it drives a vw jetta 1.8t n the other kid that rips it drives a toyota matrix xrs or some ### shit, either way i know its jealousy lol atleast from those 2. Then my other freinds have an 04 STI, 91 stealth rt twin turbo, n an 03 wrx with fmic lowered and intake n the kids with the STI, stealth n 03 wrx dont ever say shit lol but i love my car especially after the snow we just got in denver, just wanted to see if any of you guys get made fun of for havin da cool car.

#10 ·
You know it's YOUR car, people dont buy cars just to make others happy, and sometime when they are ripping on your car just agree with them and then they will have nothing to say, and really i think your car has more potential then both of those cars combined haha, don't sweat it man you have a badass car not matter what they say!!!

#12 ·
i do not HATE the 08 wrx by any means, BUT it is by far my least favorite year of WRX without a doubt. Just be happy that your intake manifold isnt plastic like the 09.

Personally i think the appearence of the 08/09 is hideous, but not in the aggressive hideous way that the bugeyes became famous for. As far as for performance i think they are basically the same thing as all the others, and with a little work to any wrx, the smile on your face will get really wide. Burn rubber on those haters

**EDIT** Oh and 23k is a good deal so you should be happy! i was at the dealership today and the 09s are going for 28-29k!!! my 05 wrx was 25k when it came out brand new, and my current 07 wrx was 20k used with 3000 miles on it.

#15 ·
The 08 is not a bad car it jsut needs some work. it has great potential just needs a few tweaks.
I got my 09 at the dealership with 3 miles on it for 21k sticker on it is 27k so i was pretty happy about that got the 10 year 100,000 warenty on it also thrown in. Because the sales people were all trying to tell me that there was no differences in the 08 and 09 except a few external modifications like the headlight covers and things like that.
Needless to say they were wrong.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.