Where do I go now? - Subaru WRX Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 Old 02-16-2014, 05:33 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

jthwjde is an unknown
Where do I go now?

Okay I know these type of threads seem to be frowned upon on most forums but I am stuck. I have been reading everything for a while now and I decided its time to make a account and ask some questions.

So where should I go from this point on ? What do you guys think would get me the most bang for my buck. I have a 06 wrx with Apexi TBE 3" Invidia down pipe a cobbshort ram intake. Thats what been done and it has been tunned. Now where should I go to get more from my car from any aspect that should be upgraded. Whats your thoughts? Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 02-16-2014, 06:08 PM
WRXtuners Member

06_hawk_eye is an unknown
I have an 06 as well. Is your maintenance all up to date. T-belt, waterpump, plugs? After that I'd buy a used vf39 or vf43 with a Sti top mount and a 3 port. Then go for another dyno tune. Ill be picking up my turbo and top mount tommorow ill post my numbers after the dyno tune on the 1st

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
post #3 of 17 Old 02-16-2014, 06:22 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

jthwjde is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06_hawk_eye View Post
I have an 06 as well. Is your maintenance all up to date. T-belt, waterpump, plugs? After that I'd buy a used vf39 or vf43 with a Sti top mount and a 3 port. Then go for another dyno tune. Ill be picking up my turbo and top mount tommorow ill post my numbers after the dyno tune on the 1st

I plan on going getting all my service working done including timing belt next week I already have it booked. And what do you mean 3 port? Also where would I go to get that stuff.
post #4 of 17 Old 02-16-2014, 06:55 PM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthwjde View Post
I plan on going getting all my service working done including timing belt next week I already have it booked. And what do you mean 3 port? Also where would I go to get that stuff.
Along with the 105k service id rec a compression test and leak down test. A 3 port will help you hold boost better. You can find the used parts at nasioc. For a decent price or on our classified section.
Edit.. Click here for more information on the 3 port
http://www.jscspeed.com/catalog/Suba...u_WRX_STI.html
post #5 of 17 Old 02-16-2014, 07:01 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

jthwjde is an unknown
Quote:
Along with the 105k service id rec a compression test and leak down test. A 3 port will help you hold boost better. You can find the used parts at nasioc. For a decent price or on our classified section.
Edit.. Click here for more information on the 3 port
02-07 WRX & STI GrimmSpeed 3-Port BCS: JSC Speed
Mines at 205k but I am getting everything done next week. Okay thanks do you think this would be the next most logical step for my car or is there something else I should do first?
post #6 of 17 Old 02-16-2014, 07:03 PM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Mines at 205k but I am getting everything done next week. Okay thanks do you think this would be the next most logical step for my car or is there something else I should do first?
205k miles I'd make sure your motor is able to handle the extra boost you'll be putting thru it. A compression test and leak down test would be a must

post #7 of 17 Old 02-16-2014, 07:05 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

jthwjde is an unknown
Quote:
205k miles I'd make sure your motor is able to handle the extra boost you'll be putting thru it. A compression test and leak down test would be a must

Do you think the extra boost is the next thing to do though?
post #8 of 17 Old 02-16-2014, 07:08 PM
WRXtuners Member

Well you have a tbe, intake and tune already. First I'd make sure your motor is able to handle more power. Which to do that leak down and compression test with your service. After that make the decision to go with Sti turbo and intercooler and 3 port. And another protune. Just my personal opinion tho. With 205k I'd stay with the stage 2 setup.

post #9 of 17 Old 02-16-2014, 07:18 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

jthwjde is an unknown
Quote:
Well you have a tbe, intake and tune already. First I'd make sure your motor is able to handle more power. Which to do that leak down and compression test with your service. After that make the decision to go with Sti turbo and intercooler and 3 port. And another protune. Just my personal opinion tho. With 205k I'd stay with the stage 2 setup.

If the tests were good do you think I would be okay with a higher boost setup?? Also do you think it would be worth doing any suspension work? Would that be a smarter decision ?
post #10 of 17 Old 02-16-2014, 07:21 PM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
If the tests were good do you think I would be okay with a higher boost setup?? Also do you think it would be worth doing any suspension work? Would that be a smarter decision ?
They test could come back good but there's no saying it won't blow up on your first 3rd gear pull. Gotta pay to play it would be a risk. Struts, sway bars end links. Maybe some other things. Depends on how much money you wanna spend.

post #11 of 17 Old 02-16-2014, 07:24 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

jthwjde is an unknown
Quote:
They test could come back good but there's no saying it won't blow up on your first 3rd gear pull. Gotta pay to play it would be a risk. Struts, sway bars end links. Maybe some other things. Depends on how much money you wanna spend.

Where would I take it for the test? I was thinking about sways and a strut bar because of the body roll these cars have
post #12 of 17 Old 02-16-2014, 07:25 PM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Where would I take it for the test? I was thinking about sways and a strut bar because of the body roll these cars have
For the compression and leak down test? Subaru will be able to do that

post #13 of 17 Old 02-16-2014, 07:48 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

jthwjde is an unknown
Quote:
For the compression and leak down test? Subaru will be able to do that

If i don't decide to go with a bigger turbo is it still worth getting those tests done ?
post #14 of 17 Old 02-16-2014, 07:50 PM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
If i don't decide to go with a bigger turbo is it still worth getting those tests done ?
Yeah I still would it would be peace of mind personally. Knowing your motor is still good.

post #15 of 17 Old 02-17-2014, 07:16 AM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
The motor is the big issue. With that many miles, I wouldn't put anymore anything into the motor without getting a new block. But that's just my 2¢
the RIOT act likes this.

Paul
2002 WRX Sold
2007 WRX Sold
2007 STi totaled
2007 Foz XT sold
2007 MS3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement