Subaru WRX Forum banner

Where is the best place to get body kits

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  AllExtinct 
#1 ·
I'm new here and have been looking for a good site or store for 2002 wrx body mods. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

#2 ·
What kind of body mods you looking to do?
There is a wide array of body mods to do.
The more info you can give the better responses you will receive. :)
Ebay could be a starting place but it's hit or miss most the time with that.

Welcome to the forums as well.

#6 ·
Also, not trying to insult your intelligence, but a lot of people seem to not know this. No body kit is bolt on. You will have to find a shop that has had experience with kits. They usually have to shave them and modify them so they fit right and then do all the paint work. In a lot of cases it costs more to have the kit put on and painted than the kit actually costs. Just a heads up. Lip kits are the way to go imo.

#7 ·
IMHO keep the outside stock, don't attract too much attention. that way when you are doing a few miles over the speed limit you don't look like you belong on the cover of import tuner magazine. Dont give cops another reason to pull you over if you dont have to.

Ebay is a good place to start but beware if it seems like it too good to be true it probablly is. There are a ton of car parts on ebay that are made of cheap plastic and wont hold paint if they even fit on your car.

What kinds of body kits/mods are you looking for?

#8 ·
Carid.com is our vendor and their kits are great.
Stay away from eBay! When I had my body shop, I'd charge the customer almost double to install an eBay kit.
Yes, fitment can be an issue and cost you a lot of money and/or time.
That's a major reason I went with a larger lip kit

Here's my Chargespeed Rep I naught from them.

I didn't like the side skirts so I stuck with my strakes.

People that put down ones style are immature.
Keep your asshole comments to yourself.

#9 ·
I'll go ahead and assume you are talking to me, arcticscythe, or both. There is a huge difference between politely saying don't do it, and being and asshole. For instance, could have said it makes you look like you belong with the POS ricer civics that plague every city across the US. That he should buy some sweet underglow and some NOS just so he could purge it to show off his sweet whip, maybe even some lambo style doors too. Don't forget the part brand and audio stickers either, they will look nice with some sweet tribal vinyls down the doors, and definitely don't forget your 3 foot tall spoiler. But that would be an asshole thing to say. ;)

#11 ·
Don't forget to add the almighty BOV when your done so they hear you coming before they see you!

"I kid, I kid"
With all said above there is a lot of truth..

Don't be afraid to ask any questions before you purchase, we do like to help others while we squabble amongst ourselves. :-D

Good luck man.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.