Subaru WRX Forum banner

whats springs are good?

6K views 22 replies 14 participants last post by  icudruln 
#1 ·
i wanted to lower my car but not sure what are some good springs i can put in it. dont want anything so expensive either. something that is good enough to look better and drive better. dont want my car to low and be hitting everywhere tho. let me know which ones are good. thanks.

#3 ·
If all you want it for is the look, for cheap. TEIN does make good springs for that. They are around $200. And are probably one of the most common springs to use

#6 ·
I personally wouldnt recommend just doing springs. but as previous replies have stated, if its just for looks, the springs would be fine. Most skip the springs and just do coilovers. but i would definatley recommend Tein.. or i had a set of Tanabes at one time that were pretty nice. not as good as tein but they are cheaper.

#7 ·
Honestly, you could have searched this topic. Its been asked many times. Because of this forum, i narrowed it down to like 2 different springs, The H-techs and the Eibach Pro Kit. I just went for the H-techs because they were cheaper for me. And you don't have to worry about scraping. Just angle out every time you go over a dip. The S-techs are the ones that drop your car down to the ground and are really bumpy.

#18 ·
does anybody know anything about eibach's sportline or H&R racing springs?? i was looking at those 2 and Tein S. techs but my friend just told me he had Tein S. techs on it n it didn't look as low as i would like it to and also when i drove it it felt just the same as mine with stock springs so ya i don't think i'm gonna end up with the most popular ones lol. so Eibach sportline or H&R racing??

#20 ·
coilovers are just too dam expensive lol. i have a bugeye n i don't like the black side skirts so i bought the colored ones for 260 n put them on. the "strate kit" or watever (the part at the end of the side skirt that sticks out) was an extra 250 so i was just like forget that. not in the position to be burning money like that. eventually though...hopefully lol. well thnx anyways

oh and by the way a front lip is soon 2 come :)

#23 ·
I'm not 100% on the Impreza platforms, but on my current car, I'm running an Eibach Sportline + KYB 4 way adjustable strut setup. Its an aggressive drop, but the S Techs will give you maybe another 1/8 inch drop. Make sure you run a camber kit to prevent inside tire wear, as they'll probably be shot in a good 8 or so months if you don't. You can piece a set together for very cheap via Home Depot/Lowes for at least 1/4 the price of the Ingalls, Eibach camber kits.

Springs + Struts will allow for a much more comfier ride than just springs. If you go with adjustable struts, you'll be able to have a ride as smooth as stock, or very tight and bumpy for a track setup. For example, I spent just under $600 with my spring/strut/camber setup and doing it myself.

Tein S Tech has a higher spring rate, which equals better for auto cross if you're gonna get into that. The H Tech is comparable to the Eibach Sportline spring rates.

Basic Tein Coilover setups run around $800
Eibach Sportline or Pro Kit springs should be around $200-$250
Tein S Techs should be around the same

Like I said, I don't have my WRX yet, but the ride quality should be fairly similiar for most cars.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.