Subaru WRX Forum banner

what would u do?...

3K views 32 replies 12 participants last post by  LiL Shoaf 
#1 ·
ok so right now i'm kinda at a fork in the road...there's alot of stuff that i want to do to my car but for me i can only really go one path..performance or show...i mean the next thing on my list as far as power goes is to get a new turbo, fuel injectors, fuel rail, and fuel pressure regulator...after that i'm gonna get it tuned to a pretty conservative map...after that i could either go with more power or start working on the exterior and interior...don't get me wrong i mean i would LOVE to have alot more power but then again i wanna start entering my car into more shows...with the exterior i plan on getting a chargespeed ver. 2 3d kit, oem carbon fiber hood, carbon fiber trunk, jdm headlights, sti carbon fiber wing, *new* falken torque 5's(i wanna go with black instead of gunmetal), air suspension, vertical door rise kit, roof scoop, moonroof, and i want to get a custom paint job from black to a graphite grey...interior i wanna install new momo seats, steering wheel, at least 5 guages(boost, egt temp, oil pressure, oil temp, and air/fuel ratio)..3 on the pillar and 2 on the steering column, custom trunk fabrication for my two 12" subs, amp, and compressor for the air suspension all done in carbon fiber, and my dash, center console, i.e. all wrapped in carbon fiber as well...i mean with all of the above mentioned i'm looking at roughly around 15g's...but then again i could use that 15g's to build one hell of a awhp beast:sneaky: ...so again i ask..what would u do?...

#2 ·
what to do

First off remember you have a performance car that is very well balanced. To each their own, but why ruin it. Air ride would destroy your handling. Body kit OK, CF parts no problem. Even crazy ass ICE no problem... But vertical doors and Air ride enough is enough. How many WRX's do you see with all that. If you really wanted a show car then maybe you should get a Honda. Otherwise stick to the nature of your ride. You can still show your car. Just emphasize the performance mods....

#3 ·
Yea if I were you and in your position I wouldn't get the air ride...Cause it ads alot of weight to the car. As for a system yea I would put one in and carbon fiber hood and trunk yea. And I would try to do some performance mods at the same time you kno what I mean? But it's up to you it's your car. I just wouldnt put the air ride in tho.I dont really kno about the verticle doors that could be neat looking.

#5 ·
I'd pimp the interior and performance. It makes it all the more shocking when they look at your clear exterior and you have an ever loving beast under the hood and just as tight in the cockpit

besides, you know how smoothe that front end looks.

#7 ·
you stated your goals.. you want to do show.. but like bigbadbuddha said, you can make your car a show car based on it being a show race car.

and the wrx is not a lambo.. nor is a honda.. so let the lambo keep those doors..

if the wrx was meant to be a show car they wouldnt have made it so performance ready.. they would have made it cheap and gutless like a honda..

#8 ·
i hear what u guyz are saying..especially about the vertical doors and air suspension...never the less, the turbo and fuel upgrades are still goin to be done..after that is when i'll start working on the exterior and interior...once i'm satisfied with the overall look, maybe i'll start some internal work..i don't know...but thanx for the feedback though..i appreciate it...

#10 ·
nick4592 said:
Make it Faster....it already handles and looks good
i dunno about all that.

stock WRX holds like .86g on the skidpad, absolutely horrible. and the car body rolls like crazy. lots of room for improvement in the handling department

also, despite our opininons, the WRX isn't the best looking car on the planet. we don't buy it for looks that's for sure, lol. there are alot of subtle things one could do to vastly improve its appearance, without going overboard.

#13 ·
i agree.. there is way too much room for handling mods.. after getting the upgraded cusco swaybar with the pillowball endlinks.. i could not believe the big difference that alone made.
but yeah power is important too.. as these arent the fastest cars stock.. but still.. dont ignore what this car is meant to be.. a handling monster. thats what ralli is all about.

#14 ·
I agree with all the rest.. I would not do Lambo doors nor the air ride.. As for the Carbone Fiber?? Are you simply looking for style or the weight?? Check the stats, the Stock WRX hood is Aluminum and is ridiculously light.. There is no need for carbon-fiber unless you are up to spending 500+ for looks.. You sound like I am, You want it all but can't do it all now.. I chose to go full tilt into the performance and already dumped a ton of cash into my motor and I have a ton more to go.. I would strongly suggest "From Experience" to do a little of both at a time.. Like drop a grand for an ECU (tunable) and some on looks.. You can build them both at the same time, just make sure that what ever you do is a great foundation for where you want to go.. For example don't spend 500 bucks on IHI VF32 if you want 600 hp down the road, that turbo will not do it.. Same with STI Pinks. They are great for an IHI VF34 or so but not a GT35R... Do PLENTY of research and build slow and stead with a constant eye on your goal and don't waste money where it could be used more efficiently else where.. Just my 2 cents.. !Thumbs Up

#15 ·
the reason i want to get a cf hood is just solely for the looks...i wouldn't mind getting a oem cf hood but then again i don't have any need for the hood scoop since i have a fmic...i'll probably lean more towards the kaminari reverse cowl hood...and based on what i thought about power wise, i only want to make around 320-350 awhp..that's about it for at least 2-3 years...after that who knows...but for now i'm pretty sure which way i want to go...

#16 ·
jlagace said:
i dunno about all that.

stock WRX holds like .86g on the skidpad, absolutely horrible. and the car body rolls like crazy. lots of room for improvement in the handling department

also, despite our opininons, the WRX isn't the best looking car on the planet. we don't buy it for looks that's for sure, lol. there are alot of subtle things one could do to vastly improve its appearance, without going overboard.
sigh. the g rating you see in car magz regarding its skid pad g rating is probably the worse way to gauge a cars overall handling for multiple reasons.

1. most magazine 'test drivers' are horrible drivers.

2. throwing a g-tech in a car and driving in a circle untill the rears brake loose is just silly.

show me some slalom results with a good driver and we will see whats up.

i chalange any wrx owner here to a race that involves turns. i dont care if you have 60K in handling mods. the quote baby, the quote.

#17 ·
Jag_Warrior said:
I'd always go for the fast(er) car.

On the other hand, having a show car would mean half naked girls in bikinis, standing around my car for several hours on weekends.

Lemme think on this one for awhile.
you make a valid point.

but i still prefer crushing some guy with his girl in the car. for some reason thats way more satisfying then having paid models stand in front of you car. just because there paid to stand there dosent meen there going home with you.

#18 ·
Nose Nuggets said:
sigh. the g rating you see in car magz regarding its skid pad g rating is probably the worse way to gauge a cars overall handling for multiple reasons.

2. throwing a g-tech in a car and driving in a circle untill the rears brake loose is just silly.

i chalange any wrx owner here to a race that involves turns. i dont care if you have 60K in handling mods. the quote baby, the quote.

sorry God, he did not mean to question your glory.. :notgood: :notgood: :notgood: :notgood:

nosenuggets how can you challenge someone youve never met.. dont know their driving skills.. i doubt your the only "trained" driver on this forum. i know plenty of "non-trained" drivers that could hop in just about any car and drive it like theyve been driving that one car for years under instruction.
i will agree experience and the proper knowledge is very important as a package.. but your arrogance of driving skill and in general will one day leave you dissappointed

also when can we watch you on the speed channel? you seem so good and so pro...Petter S. step aside..theres a new subaru champ in the room

#19 ·
God? What the hell are you talking about? Settle down. So what, I got a big head and im willing to challenge anyone behind the wheel of a car, and that gives you the impression that I think im god? Undefeatable? Ive had my ass handed to me in a car on a daily basis. Im in no way shape or form under the impression that I am ‘The Man’. Im a good driver, in fact im a great driver, far superior to the average driver, but within the spectrum of driving skill im not even worth mentioning.
I agree, I highly doubt im the only driver here that has had training.

How can you say I seem so good and so pro? You’ve never even met me.
I dont have any aspiration to be a professional driver. My cousin is a drifter in D1 and Formula D, and I wouldn’t want to put up with the crap he does every day.

On the topic of magazine accuracy, Im stating fact, its pure and simple. Ive met and hosted classes with a lot of car and driver writers, editors, and drivers. It just so happens, a lot of the driver don’t know much. People need to realize that it only takes money to be a race car driver. Just because someone competes in ALMS or F3000 doesn’t mean squat.

Im sorry you have a problem with me posting my opinion.

i know plenty of "non-trained" drivers that could hop in just about any car and drive it like theyve been driving that one car for years under instruction.
yeah? Give me a lap time and we will see whats up.

#20 ·
my point is you challenge people in an arrogant fashion. "coming off" as if you feel your unstoppable.

and the "you seem like you are good or pro" is a sarcastic point that you tend to come off like your the almighty driver of wrxtuners.com.

i dont have a problem with your opinion, but maybe it comes a little strong where its not necessary.

#21 ·
whoa whoa settle down haha.

i was just providing an example of how i think the WRX isn't as well of a handling car out of the box as everyone says it is. this is coming from a guy who came from a civic with a mild suspension set up, i expected more from the wrx.

racing is obviously always about driver vs. driver, but you can't compare cars and mods that way. and here we're talking about cars and mods

thinking about it, perhaps the best way to get the most bang for ## buck in the handling department would be to take driving lessons on a track. there, that shouldn't offend anybody lol

#23 ·
eighth08 said:
my point is you challenge people in an arrogant fashion. "coming off" as if you feel your unstoppable.

and the "you seem like you are good or pro" is a sarcastic point that you tend to come off like your the almighty driver of wrxtuners.com.

i dont have a problem with your opinion, but maybe it comes a little strong where its not necessary.
yeah, arrogant i can agree with. i defanitly dont want to come off like im the almighty driver of wrxtuners, or make it sound like your all inferior to me, or some crap like that. i will on the other hand not hesitate to tell someone they are wrong, or give somone advice that might be contridictory to there curent thinking, good examples would be my posts regarding brakes and wings for instance.

sorry you think my opions are overbearing, my intention is not to upset people.

#24 ·
i never mentioned those as being apart of it.
theres suggestions and talking with arrogance.. this thread being one of them.. i never said the brake suggestions were arrogant. they were more misunderstood. on both sides. nor the diffuser cause you were just saying your piece as i had asked people to say their piece.

if you wanna carry this on PM me. otherwise we are going in circles in an unrelated thread.

#25 ·
Nose Nuggets said:

1.Most magazine "test drivers" are way better drivers than you or me
2.If you think you are going to pull better G's than they did on the stock RE92's your crazy.

The WRX handles pretty good,once you swap out the crappy RE92's.The magazine test the cars as they are from the factory.The EVO comes with super sticky Yokohamas and thats why it does so good out of the box.Subaru could have done better with their tire selection.Every magazine that tested the wrx had similar results on the skid pad.Are you saying that your skills are better than the test drivers from Road & Track/Car & Driver?I don't think so.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.