Subaru WRX Forum banner

What kind of oil do you guys use?

12K views 22 replies 19 participants last post by  rex2002 
#1 ·
im lookin to change my oil once i get it back from the dealership and i was wondering what motor oil brands you guys perfer to get.

#15 ·
I ran Syntec blend 10/30 up until the rod bearing failure. I definitely don't blame the oil, but am planning on running either VR-1 or the Rotella 5/40 synthetic due to the high zinc content in both of those. That is good for bearings. I ran Lucas 20/50 race synthetic in the race car until learning more about the zinc factor. I'm now using the Rotella synth. in it.

#18 ·
I hope so too because there's plenty of evidence out there that supports the theory that synthetic lubricants are better for your engine than petroleum oils (more horsepower, better gas mileage, better lubricating properties, etc.). Don't get me wrong though, just about any type of oil will work just fine as long as it's changed regularly, but if you're looking for the best, synthetic oils are the way to go.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.