What i need to do? - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#16 Old 07-04-2012, 05:23 PM
WRXtuners Member

roytsang1991 is an unknown
can stock wrx without boost controller get up to 14psi?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 07-04-2012, 06:27 PM
WRXtuners Member

BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
double post, and yes. Like Paul said, something else must be wrong here.

Randy-
2002 blaze WRX- sold:(
2004 Wrx-sold
2011 Wrx limited
99 Fozz- sold
Eagle eye crew
#18 Old 07-05-2012, 05:32 AM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
BCS=boost control solenoid

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#19 Old 07-05-2012, 08:11 AM
WRXtuners Member

Subbie is more helpful than not
Garage
Your mechanic must not know what to look for??? The stock wrx should be hitting around 13PSI. If you are only hitting 9PSI then you definitely have a leak somewhere. Not to mention if your car does have a bcs installed then more then likely it has been modded.

Try taking the car to a subaru dealer and ask them to read your ECU register and this will tell you if you if the car has ever had a tune done. They should know what reigster bit to look for.

Can you take a few photos of the car and post them? Engine bay, exhaust, etc.

This could help us better understand what we are trying to help you solve.

One other thing that could be making you lose power and not reach peak boost levels (and loss of power) is that the clutch in the car may be getting worn out and could be time to replace. But I have to agree with Paul, I think you probably have another underlaying problem.

"Dustin"
- 08' WRX Premium - SOLD
- 08' Yamaha R1 - Top Speed seen is 204 - SOLD
#20 Old 07-05-2012, 09:49 PM
WRXtuners Member

well..... the turbo is VF23 ,it does have the bcs???(not sure) and the last picture is the T that i put it back
this is hows the car looks look when i bought it( think about to put back the stock intake)

http://www.mrtrally.com.au/performan...turbo-data.pdf

vf23 turbo waste gate is 8psi, that means my car is good right now.
but i think it should pull harder than now since the turbo is upgrade, maybe it has a little bit boost leak somewhere.
probably need a tune and a boost controller after i can find out it has leak or not.

Last edited by roytsang1991; 07-05-2012 at 11:01 PM.
#21 Old 07-06-2012, 01:27 PM
WRXtuners Member

Subbie is more helpful than not
Garage
If you are running an upgraded turbo without a tune and supporting mods, then you are driving a ticking time bomb. Park the car, and get the supporting mods and tune in line before you drive it anymore.

"Dustin"
- 08' WRX Premium - SOLD
- 08' Yamaha R1 - Top Speed seen is 204 - SOLD
#22 Old 07-06-2012, 06:17 PM
WRXtuners Member

bad grocerygetter is a helpful contributing member
That hose with the yellow stripe, the smaller one, that goes into the turbo should have a small pellet looking thing in it. If its not there you will only hit 8-9lbs. Check that. If its not there go to a dealership and get one. Less than 3 dollars. You need to find out what injectors you have and what fuel pump you have in there. The intercooler looks stock also, with that turbo you will need to upgrade to an sti topmount intercooler. Do some research on the turbo you have, it will help you understand why we are all telling you to do all this stuff. With these cars you absolutely have to do these mods in the right order or you will blow the hell out of your engine. We aren't trying to ne jerks, but this is why its so important to do some homework before you buy a car like this. These aren't Honda civics. Almost everything you do to them(wrxs) has to be tuned for. The reason why is the ecu controls a whole bunch of stuff and when you change anything to do with air or fuel the ecu won't know what's going on. Good luck man. I really hope this works out for you.

Ps that blow off valve should be on the chopping block as well. It won't do you any good either.

Kevin.
Cobb ap stage 2 ots, catless uppipe, catless turboback, Cobb Sf intake.

Last edited by bad grocerygetter; 07-06-2012 at 06:20 PM. Reason: ps
#23 Old 07-06-2012, 11:43 PM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
^This

Buying a modded car is a nightmare if not done correctly

I bet Mosc's paycheck there are boost leaks running thru your bay

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#24 Old 07-07-2012, 02:43 AM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzr2874 View Post
^This

Buying a modded car is a nightmare if not done correctly

I bet Mosc's paycheck there are boost leaks running thru your bay

YEA, it a ####in nightmare!Cry!
so, now i gotta get a STI TMIC(stock one ok ?) , larger injectors (how large?565cc ok ?), fuel pump(what kind ?) and get a tune(pro tune?)
#25 Old 07-07-2012, 09:07 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
You need a tuner that has a good reputation to look over the car and see what it really needs and then get it tuned. Because this car should not be hitting 9 psi unless your car is in limp mode.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
#26 Old 07-07-2012, 10:25 PM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roytsang1991 View Post
YEA, it a ####in nightmare!Cry!
so, now i gotta get a STI TMIC(stock one ok ?) , larger injectors (how large?565cc ok ?), fuel pump(what kind ?) and get a tune(pro tune?)
Sti topmount....yes, stock...no go. 565s will be ok if you are not gonna go e85. A good 255 fuel pump will work. usually only about 100-150 bucks. And yes a protune will be a must. Sorry bro, with that list you will be looking at around 1000-1200 bucks. Now, that being said...if everything checks out you should have one fun and pretty reliable little car. Take a look over on nasioc in the classifieds, and you should be able to pick up most of that list used for less money. Always a good thing.

Kevin.
#27 Old 07-08-2012, 02:58 AM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad grocerygetter View Post
That hose with the yellow stripe, the smaller one, that goes into the turbo should have a small pellet looking thing in it. If its not there you will only hit 8-9lbs. Check that. If its not there go to a dealership and get one. Less than 3 dollars. You need to find out what injectors you have and what fuel pump you have in there. The intercooler looks stock also, with that turbo you will need to upgrade to an sti topmount intercooler. Do some research on the turbo you have, it will help you understand why we are all telling you to do all this stuff. With these cars you absolutely have to do these mods in the right order or you will blow the hell out of your engine. We aren't trying to ne jerks, but this is why its so important to do some homework before you buy a car like this. These aren't Honda civics. Almost everything you do to them(wrxs) has to be tuned for. The reason why is the ecu controls a whole bunch of stuff and when you change anything to do with air or fuel the ecu won't know what's going on. Good luck man. I really hope this works out for you.

Ps that blow off valve should be on the chopping block as well. It won't do you any good either.
do you have a picture that can show me how the small pellet should look like?
#28 Old 07-08-2012, 03:00 AM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turmic View Post
You need a tuner that has a good reputation to look over the car and see what it really needs and then get it tuned. Because this car should not be hitting 9 psi unless your car is in limp mode.
yea, im gonna get it to a tuner soon to check out what it really needs but now im just ran out of money!Cry!!Cry!
#29 Old 07-08-2012, 08:51 AM
WRXtuners Member

BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Edit: can't paste from my phone, just google wrx restrictor pill

Randy-
2002 blaze WRX- sold:(
2004 Wrx-sold
2011 Wrx limited
99 Fozz- sold
Eagle eye crew
#30 Old 07-08-2012, 09:36 AM
WRXtuners Member

Here read this man Technical Articles

From cobbs website

Kevin.