Subaru WRX Forum banner

what to expect

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  newtothegame 
#1 ·
I'm thinking of going stage 2 with my 06 wrx but I wanted to see what kind of numbers it would give me if I did. I did some searches but everyone has different ideas on what stage 2 is these days. I'm looking at just a turbo back exhuast and Cobb AP with stage 2 map, no pro-tune. Just wondering what 1/4 mile times and trap speeds people are getting with this set up (easiest way to quantify gains). Thanks

#3 ·
Hmmmmm, I ran a 14.1 bone stock back in the day with my 06. I cannot guesstimate very well on what you might accomplish, though I must say itis a worthy investment in sheer driving sensation and will make you want more. I would go for it, just be careful with you launches and try to shift as smoothly as humanly possible.

Slow is smooth, smooth is fast.

#4 ·
I cant tell you by the numbrs about the gain. But I recently went to stage 2 (via Cobb TBE and AP V2) and its an amazing improvement. My friend has an 07 stage 1 (via the Cobb AP) and is very jealous of how hard the car pulls and feels over the stage 1. But each car does react different even if the mods are exactly the same.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.