Were can I find California Street legal cat or downpipe. - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 06-22-2012, 07:25 PM
WRXtuners Member

CuriousGeorge is an unknown
Were can I find California Street legal cat or downpipe.

I have gone through forums and i know that most stuff in California besides catback is not street legal. As far as exhaust goes.
So i got the cobb Access manager and i would like to bring it to stage 2.( I want to keep it street legal). For me to get it to stage 2 i need high flow cats or down pipe.

So question is were can i find high flow cats that are CA street legal? Can you point me in the right direction please?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-22-2012, 08:36 PM
WRXtuners Member

sleepr is known to be trustworthy and helpful sleepr is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
as far as I know you can't...

Just don't throw your original exhaust assembly away. I PM'd you with more critical information regarding the CA situation and what I do.

Matt
70 to 100 faster than you can say "whoooossshh!"
#3 Old 06-25-2012, 05:56 AM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
You should be able to get almost any catted DP and then have another catalytic converter welded into the the midpipe area (notice I said should).

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#4 Old 06-25-2012, 04:09 PM
WRXtuners Member

brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to
Garage
There are none of either. For CA you need stock or OE-replacement parts from what I understand.
#5 Old 07-11-2012, 11:34 PM
WRXtuners Member

There are CA legal cats for WRX . After searching a long time i found out that Magnaflow makes three high flow cats for 2 inch piping.

Here is a link to them.

Exhaust For Less - Search Results for "44104 41334 44084"

I am planing on buying them once i get enough money and upgrade to stage 2 with these and STI pink 565cc injectors. I will be using cobb tuner.

Question: Will 2inch piping be high enough flow for for this stage 2 setup. Note: i have a cat back on already?
#6 Old 07-12-2012, 06:29 PM
WRXtuners Member

brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to
Garage
2" piping is smaller than stock.
#7 Old 07-15-2012, 02:32 PM
WRXtuners Member

It is for replacement on stock vehical so it may be bigger than 2".
#8 Old 07-16-2012, 12:42 AM
WRXtuners Member

Garage
This is just something you should give up on. It doesn't exist.
#9 Old 07-19-2012, 04:20 PM
WRXtuners Member

I have given up on it and just bought a godspeed down pipe. I have been talking to some people who know a lot about this and they said that the manga flow cats will not give enough pressure release for what i want to do.

What i am currently doing is pink STI 565cc injectors, uppipe, downpipe, catback, VF39 turbo, slight break upgrade (what i can afford).

I already have stage 2 clutch and light fly wheel and adjustable gas suspension also cobb access port. And other stuff that is not important to list.
#10 Old 07-19-2012, 06:48 PM
WRXtuners Member

sfelix818 is more helpful than not
It all boils down to how much of a d*** the officer is. If he/she sees something that isn't OEM they have the option to question it and give you a fix it ticket. But it is rare if they ask you to lift the hood (unless your just cruising at high rpm making ridiculous noise) then he/she might want to take a look.
#11 Old 07-20-2012, 05:42 AM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
^I still have yet been asked to open my hood. It's not like they will know what they are looking at (vast majority). Even if they knew what to look for they have to get under the car to see anything. Besides, a resonator looks like a cat... just longer and a little thinner.

Meh, worth a shot.

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#12 Old 08-10-2012, 07:36 AM
WRXtuners Member

So i just finished putting in the downpipe, uppipe, 16G turbo, sti pink 565cc injectors and slotted an drilled rooters with ceramic break pads. I have just finished breaking in the new turbo also. drive 220 miles to were i live at the majority of the year. so im getting a oil change even though its not necessary but want to have some fresher oil for the turbo then its time to test the power baby!!