Wanting to Purchase my First WRX - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 06-22-2011, 01:20 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

BOOSTKING is an unknown
Wanting to Purchase my First WRX

I have looked at a used 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan and i am considering making a purchase. The car has been very well kept and maintained from what i can tell and is super clean inside and out for a 9 year old car but the dealer has taken it in on a trade in and the dealer is putting a new Transmission in the car. It has 115,500 miles on it and they want 10,000 for the car. Does this sound like a good deal? Keep in mind this is my first WRX and i know very little about them other then what i have read on your forum and others but i drove one and i was hooked...have to buy one now. Any recommendations would be helpful. I just need to know i am making an informed decision based on what other WRX owners think based on there own personal experience. I don't have my heart set on this year model but don't want anything newer then an 07. Would consider buying an STi from 04 to 07 and i have a budget of about 18k. The car will not be raced but will be driven Spiritedly so i would just like some thoughts and input from others who own them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 06-22-2011, 03:01 PM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
If you have a budget of 18k I bet you can find an STI with the same miles for that. 10k sounds like too much for a 115k mile Bugeye with a new transmission.

-Chris
post #3 of 7 Old 06-22-2011, 03:13 PM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
+3498576

Paul
2002 WRX Sold
2007 WRX Sold
2007 STi totaled
2007 Foz XT sold
2007 MS3
post #4 of 7 Old 06-22-2011, 03:20 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

BOOSTKING is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by RcrsWetDream View Post
If you have a budget of 18k I bet you can find an STI with the same miles for that. 10k sounds like too much for a 115k mile Bugeye with a new transmission.
Thank for your input RcrsWetDream...I desperately need advice on making a sound decision and the only way i can do that is to hear back from other informative Members who own WRX's. I obviously would like to pay as little as possible for a good WRX just like any Buyer but i want a nice one and to be honest i am leaning more toward the STi because i feel it may be a better choice based on the FUN Ratio i am looking for. Just trying to get a feel for what models are most reliable and the least problematic. Is Kelly Blue Book a good basis for judgeing the value of an STi?
post #5 of 7 Old 06-22-2011, 03:23 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

BOOSTKING is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by pzr2874 View Post
+3498576
My Apologies but i am afraid i have no idea at all what you mean buy your reply...did i miss something?
post #6 of 7 Old 06-22-2011, 03:28 PM
WRXtuners Member

Ridge10 is an unknown
Garage
I search through eBay and Craigslist first before I make any purchase, to look at all options and prices. I dont really like kbb because it really depends on who your buying from, what condition, what has happened to it, where its at, and how much its worth to you and all that jazz. Its a good ball park estimate though. Try to talk people down though, it works, and thats why I love Craigslist
post #7 of 7 Old 06-22-2011, 03:54 PM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Be willing to travel too.... There are plenty of $18,000 STI's out there, you just may need to fly to it and drive it back.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false

-Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement