Subaru WRX Forum banner

wanting new wheels but have a quick question first

8K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  pzr2874 
#1 ·
ok i have an 04 wrx. its lowered about 2 inches all the way around
currently im runnin 17x7 wheels with a 225/45 tire. (not sure of the offset of the wheel)
heres my question
im looking at buying the xxr 527 18x8.75 with +20 offset and getting 245/40 tires

my question is im not realy sure how it will look. im not running coilovers im running springs but my car still sits pretty low for springs. some people said that it would look stupid cause my cars not lowered enough for that offset? and i don't realy know how itll look stupid? i know this is a newbie question so im sorry im just curious if anyone else on here is running 18x8.75 rims with a +20 offset that isn't running coilovers either.
should i get a +35 offset?
any input would help alot
thanks

ERic

#3 ·
okay well even if u don't like the wheels still. is +20 offset too much for the stance of my car?
cause i don't want to get new rims, new tires and then when i put the wheels on they rub horribly or i have to roll my fenders cause thats my work than i really want to do...
i just don't know much about wheels and offset but i really like the look of the +20

#5 ·
That's crazy off. I'm pushing it with. 18x8 +37.
Even with +37, I rub in the back over large bumps, on stock springs back there.
Although I'm fine up front, lowered a bit. But not as much as you.

And please do stay away from those rims. I have seen numerous accounts of them breaking and bending on the smallest potholes.... Josh is correct. They are indeed, GARBAGE!

Stock is right around+43, someone such as Mosc or Brfatal will jump in on the specifics. And more reasons not to do so. Things like overwear on your hubs. Ect ect...

#9 ·
Stock offset is +53 or +55 mattering on the year/model. I recommend staying as close as you can. More than 5mm you'll start reducing suspension performance. More than 10mm from stock starts to really mess things up. +20 and your car will turn like a school bus.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.