want more HP with being cheap - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#16 Old 12-13-2010, 04:51 AM
WRXtuners Member

midniteblack is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to midniteblack
Quote:
Originally Posted by synolimit View Post
right but a lot of people dont have twisty roads. even if they did driving above the speed limit on them to have fun isnt save for 98% of the people out there! .
That's the thing, with a good suspension set up, you can drive the speed limit and take a sharp turn much faster while still going the speed limit and have a ball doing it. A lot of people people recommend suspension upgrades because they can make your car that much more fun for a cheaper cost than going beyond the basic stage 2 upgrades.

For the OP, you should notice a difference in power if you went with a pro-tune.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 12-13-2010, 03:18 PM
WRXtuners Member

synolimit is a helpful contributing member
Quote:
Originally Posted by midniteblack View Post
That's the thing, with a good suspension set up, you can drive the speed limit and take a sharp turn much faster while still going the speed limit and have a ball doing it. A lot of people people recommend suspension upgrades because they can make your car that much more fun for a cheaper cost than going beyond the basic stage 2 upgrades.
ill agree to disagree. but even with suspension that could allow for a sharp turn, taking a 90 degree turn onto a residential street from 45 mph from a country road for example still isnt safe or smart. a car could come, sand, gravel or oil could be in the road etc. and there you go slidding into a ditch, tree or parked car. but like i said even with the stock suspension this could still be done. since i live in the city most roads are 25mph. i can take any corner at 25mph just as good as any car with upgraded suspension. for a DD its just not needed unless you wanna brake the law speed wise or go autocross.

dont get me wrong i want sways and a shock setup. but i can have more fun spending the $600 and $1400 on something else motor wise.

Scott-2011 WRX 335HP 394TQ 93 VF52!
http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f121/2011-wrx-build-31226/
#18 Old 12-14-2010, 08:30 AM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by synolimit View Post
ut i can have more fun spending the $600 and $1400 on something else motor wise.
Like me, I just bought my pistons and rods.... $800 later I'll have zero power to show for it lol (that may be an exaggeration since I am bumping compression to 9.2ish).

However, I am very excited for the day this thing isn't my DD and I pick up that TiC coilover setup. NO way it would go on a DD though, I like feeling my ass after a drive.

-Chris