V3 Accessport won't connect to Accessport Manager? - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 03-13-2014, 01:28 AM
WRXtuners Member

Subarufan123 is an unknown
V3 Accessport won't connect to Accessport Manager?

I've tried using different USB's but the Accessport Manager still won't pick up my Accessport. Anyone else had these issues?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-13-2014, 07:59 AM
WRXtuners Member

Bubba James is an unknown
Yes and it was the cord for me. I used a different one (a PlayStation cord I think) and it worked fine after that. The cord they sent was screwy.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
#3 Old 03-13-2014, 09:03 AM
Premium Member

arewmors is more helpful than not
Garage
You could contact Cobb and see if they will send you a new cord as well. They should be contacted either way to be made aware of the issue in case it becomes a common problem then they can look into fixing it.

Andy - 12 WRB WRX
Tuned by Innovative Tuning
294 AWHP / 311 TQ
#4 Old 03-13-2014, 11:18 AM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba James View Post
Yes and it was the cord for me. I used a different one (a PlayStation cord I think) and it worked fine after that. The cord they sent was screwy.

I tried most of the USB's I have and it won't pick up the Accessport still. I'll try and get Cobb to send me a new one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arewmors View Post
You could contact Cobb and see if they will send you a new cord as well. They should be contacted either way to be made aware of the issue in case it becomes a common problem then they can look into fixing it.
I will contact them today to let them know the issues I'm having and see what they say. I will also ask for another cord.
#5 Old 03-13-2014, 12:40 PM
WRXtuners Member

Bubba James is an unknown
"tried most of the USB's"? You mean you tried diff ports? Do you have a droid charger (micro USB)? Try that cord. Go to device manager on you computer (if you have PC) and see if your USB port has a "?" Mark next to it... Rule out the port that way.

#6 Old 03-13-2014, 05:14 PM
WRXtuners Member

thekamikaze kid is a helpful contributing member
yah bubba is right. its prob not the cord but a "driver software" problem. go into device manager and "scan for hardware changes" with the cord plugged in. you should see a balloon in the lower right that says whether or not the driver loaded or not. if it says cannot load driver i would try reloading the program. maybe the software did not load correctly from the start. what operating system are you using?
#7 Old 03-13-2014, 07:18 PM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba James View Post
"tried most of the USB's"? You mean you tried diff ports? Do you have a droid charger (micro USB)? Try that cord. Go to device manager on you computer (if you have PC) and see if your USB port has a "?" Mark next to it... Rule out the port that way.

Perfect, I'll give that a shot when I get off work tonight. It's a Nokia charger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekamikaze kid View Post
yah bubba is right. its prob not the cord but a "driver software" problem. go into device manager and "scan for hardware changes" with the cord plugged in. you should see a balloon in the lower right that says whether or not the driver loaded or not. if it says cannot load driver i would try reloading the program. maybe the software did not load correctly from the start. what operating system are you using?
I am running the program on Windows XP. I uninstalled the Manager then installed It again. I'll give that a shot and see what happens.
#8 Old 03-14-2014, 05:31 PM
WRXtuners Member

itiswhatitisnt is an unknown
I just purchased a COBB Accessport and my USB Cord/wire worked fine. Contact COBB.

Good Luck
#9 Old 03-17-2014, 12:22 AM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by itiswhatitisnt View Post
I just purchased a COBB Accessport and my USB Cord/wire worked fine. Contact COBB.

Good Luck
Turns out it's my computer. I downloaded the Accessport manager on a different Computer(windows vista) and it connected no problem.
#10 Old 03-18-2014, 01:32 PM
WRXtuners Member

itiswhatitisnt is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subarufan123 View Post
Turns out it's my computer. I downloaded the Accessport manager on a different Computer(windows vista) and it connected no problem.
Glad it was a simple fix for you.

Now back to logging! lol