Subaru WRX Forum banner

Upgrades??

993 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  arcticscythe 
#1 ·
I've got a 06' Subaru Legacy B4 STI B Spec 2.0T AUTO (5sp) and there's only 600 units in the world. I am wanting to up the horsepower on it and was wondering what and how I could come about this. Also it is very hard to find some parts for this model. I'm wanting to make it wide body, splitters, a wing that'll go nicely with it etc.

#2 ·
Theres a handful of things you can do to a 2.0 Spec B STI Block to make more power but being as old as it is there are a few maintenance items that should be checked first. The timing is the one to check first and foremost. Tuning with a loose timing setup will be near impossible. I would look for a tuner that works with rom raider and open source tuning and go from there. Puling a few extra horsepower out shouldn't be difficult at all. Are you looking for a faster daily driver or a track car? Lets get some use case details out there and we can help you design a setup.

#4 ·
Im leaving the ricer comments alone. The high school kid in me loves spoilers and wings and JDM stuff but the adult in me likes flying under the radar so thats that.

As far as making a faster daily driver you might want to look into your suspension setup as well. The legacy is not known for being the best handling car out there, You could get a nice boost in power to the road by stiffening up the suspension and the drivetrain bushings. Sometimes its not about making more power but more about getting the power you have to the road.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.