Subaru WRX Forum banner

upgrade turbo

923 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Ruso 
#1 ·
Hi so I'm looking for some recommendations on a upgrade turbo for my 2012 wrx
i just got done adding all the bolts up basically up pipe down pipe cat back and intake.
I want to get a bigger turbo for more horse and want the best,though the car is a daily driving car and I don't want to blow the motor just yet. Any ideas on turbos or mods will be nice,thanks

#2 ·
Here you go!
https://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1141476

The longevity of your motor will depend completely on driving style, maintenance, and tune. I blew my motor at around 300whp with a VF39. Now I run a fully built short block.

Keep in mind that your turbo has the flange type output so your stop location, stop intercooler location/manifold layout are limited to that compressor housing. If you want another type of turbo, you will need to go FMIC or convert your manifold to 06-07 wrx style or STI.

Having said that, there are plenty of solid turbos that bolt right on but depending on the size you will likely need injectors and fuel pump and a high quality protune.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.