Time to order a 13 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 03-10-2013, 10:48 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

_WRX_ is an unknown
Time to order a 13

OK after several down payments including a $250 charge from carmax to ship an 07 closer to me to only find out the car had damage or a bad Carfax. With almost spending $26,500 on a used 07 STi with a carfax entry of "rear end collision reported" It's time to go to the dealer and order a 13 WRX. I liked the nose of the 06-07 better but I have now fallen for the 13 also. I know the STi is faster but I just need a nice fun AWD commuter car and to be honest I don't even see one on the road in my everday commute here in NY.

Anyway, my question is with the options of the Short throw shifter and boost guage are these options done at the factory or at the dealer. I ask because I'm going to dealer tomorrow and he had one on the lot and I would think he would try and sell me that one but I want certain things.. And also whats the verdict on the spoiler with you guys. I always liked the clean look of a coupe, I owned an 05 WRX and I hated that spoiler and the STi's spoiler but I like the Limited "lip" spoiler and I must say I kinda do like this toned down spoiler on the wrx now. Just want opinions on the spoiler and if those mods are done at factory or not. Thanks guys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 03-10-2013, 11:27 AM
WRXtuners Member

NeverSummer is more helpful than not
Time to order a 13

If you are patient you can certainly find one already w the short throw shifter. As far as the boost gauge, I hear alot of negative feedback on the SPT boost gauge. I had one in my 07 wrx and it failed 2x. I now have a 13 sti limited. No gauge. Still want one tho! The short throw is nice. Are you looking into the base or limited? I have the limited. I love the sun roof. Also some w the fog lights. I too live NY. all weather mats are great! Where in ny are you?? I recently ordered a really sweet cbe exhaust! If your interested in a real nice very fairly priced exhaust, let me know. I'll send you the link of where I got mine! All positive feedback on the exhaust! What color you looking to get into? I have satin white pearl! I love it!!!! Good luck bro!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
post #3 of 14 Old 03-10-2013, 11:47 AM
Premium Member

the RIOT act is more helpful than not
Garage
Time to order a 13

All add ons are done at the port when they come off the ship unless its already at the dealer. But if you're liking the low pro spoiler go with either the premium or limited model. Only difference between the two is the limited comes with leather. Both come with the same low pro spoiler, moon roof, and fogs. I recommend staying away from the SPT guage as well, as there's tons of bad feedback on it. There's also better short throws (KartBoy or Cobb) to go with. Anything aftermarket would be better and cheaper than getting it from the dealer out of the SPT line. Best of luck tomorrow either way you go. Post pics!

Brandon - 13' SWP WRX Sedan
post #4 of 14 Old 03-10-2013, 01:16 PM
Premium Member

Garage
Time to order a 13

The short throw is a popular add on to be on a dealer lot though with most wrx's. If its already there, a premium/limited model, and it's a color you like roll with it though. The SPT line is far from bad! I love my 13' but a short throw if def my next upgrade. I'm going with the Super Shifter set from TiC myself. What color you thinking? Wagon or Sedan?

post #5 of 14 Old 03-10-2013, 08:41 PM
WRXtuners Member

dirtydeeds02 is an unknown
Re: Time to order a 13Time to order a 13

I would recommend doing a factory order. It takes about six weeks but you can get all the options you want and none of what you don't. I ordered the base with the spoiler, fogs, short throw, spt boost, footwell illum, and all weather mats.
post #6 of 14 Old 03-10-2013, 08:52 PM
WRXtuners Member

Time to order a 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtydeeds02 View Post
I would recommend doing a factory order. It takes about six weeks but you can get all the options you want and none of what you don't. I ordered the base with the spoiler, fogs, short throw, spt boost, footwell illum, and all weather mats.
How's your spt boost gauge holding up?

post #7 of 14 Old 03-11-2013, 03:21 PM
WRXtuners Member

STi_from_DSM is an unknown
I recently just picked up my 13' WRX. It was a base with the short throw shifter, all weather mats, and the compass rear view mirror with dimmer. (Too bad it wasnt Homelink)
If you are going to go with any options you have to be sure not to void your warranty. ANY part that is not SPT and installed at the dealer will most likely void your warranty. Be sure to check before you do anything.
I do recommend ordering one if you can, that way you get exactly what you want. (Color, options, ETC). Although some of the options are not super expensive, they can add up. Be sure to know your price, MSRP is a SUGGESTED price. The dealership will be able to work with you. I was able to knock $75/month off my payment and cut my interest rate in half by being persistant.
Post pics or an update when you get it!

-Dan

13 WRX - Current - Nameless Axelback
03 Audi A4 1.8t SOLD
06 STi - Minor mods SOLD
post #8 of 14 Old 03-11-2013, 03:33 PM
WRXtuners Member

Time to order a 13

After market items can not void a warranty for just being there. You can have a cat back exhaust and go to your dealer for an oil change. They can not void any of your warranty for just being there! The after market item has to be proven it caused failure to you car.

post #9 of 14 Old 03-11-2013, 03:38 PM
WRXtuners Member

Time to order a 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by STi_from_DSM View Post
I recently just picked up my 13' WRX. It was a base with the short throw shifter, all weather mats, and the compass rear view mirror with dimmer. (Too bad it wasnt Homelink)
If you are going to go with any options you have to be sure not to void your warranty. ANY part that is not SPT and installed at the dealer will most likely void your warranty. Be sure to check before you do anything.
I do recommend ordering one if you can, that way you get exactly what you want. (Color, options, ETC). Although some of the options are not super expensive, they can add up. Be sure to know your price, MSRP is a SUGGESTED price. The dealership will be able to work with you. I was able to knock $75/month off my payment and cut my interest rate in half by being persistant.
Post pics or an update when you get it!
It says you have a cobb on your wish list! I do too! Just got off the phone w cobb. After reading your post, remember a cobb can void your warranty too. Sounds like you and I think alike. Warranty always in the back of our minds lol

post #10 of 14 Old 03-11-2013, 06:53 PM
WRXtuners Member

BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Dan, I thought you sold your soob, and were out?
I must have missed something while I was away huh.

OP, get whatever floats yer boat. I almost jumped into a wrb base with short throw from factory, it's common to have em. Both my wrx's have had auto dimming rearview. I couldn't imagine not having it now... GL!!!

Randy-
2002 blaze WRX- sold:(
2004 Wrx-sold
2011 Wrx limited
99 Fozz- sold
Eagle eye crew
post #11 of 14 Old 03-11-2013, 06:59 PM
Premium Member

Garage
Time to order a 13

I wish I got the mirror! Very stupid missed option choice on my part. Never knew how much I liked it either until I got in my Rex after the Z. I'll be getting though for sure.

post #12 of 14 Old 03-12-2013, 08:23 PM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
I prefer to see exactly what is behind me, so I don't like the optional auto-dimming rear view mirror. If somebody rides up on my back bumper, I use the go-pedal to get rid of them

John
07 WRX
post #13 of 14 Old 03-12-2013, 09:15 PM
WRXtuners Member

BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
I just don't really like ebay hid's blinding me. My .03

Randy-
2002 blaze WRX- sold:(
2004 Wrx-sold
2011 Wrx limited
99 Fozz- sold
Eagle eye crew
post #14 of 14 Old 04-06-2013, 12:28 PM
WRXtuners Member

STi_from_DSM is an unknown
I did sell my 06 STi Blaze, I got an Audi A4 1.8t convertible. It was nice in the summer, but not enough power.

I would have to agree that the mirror is REALLY nice. Definitely an option I like. Most base models come with the short throw shifter. Although it doesnt seem to be short.

-Dan

13 WRX - Current - Nameless Axelback
03 Audi A4 1.8t SOLD
06 STi - Minor mods SOLD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement