Tell me about the TR and WRX model - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 Old 05-10-2007, 01:48 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

shamrock is an unknown
Tell me about the TR and WRX model

So I know the TR is less expensive and is a base model compared to the WRX. But my question is, is it that base. I have heard people say the "seats" arnt as good as a wrx, is this true. It only has a 4 speaker system, to where the WRX has a 6 speaker. Although is the 6 speaker any good. I do like the fact the the TR is spoilerless though. Just some basic questions. Do the savings you get really justify not getting the WRX model, for the seats and stereo

I would be getting a new stereo system in the future, but would still like the stock to be decent

_Ryan_
2004 Wrb "BUGEYE"
http://www.misubie.com/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 Old 05-10-2007, 02:32 PM
WRXtuners Member

JBWRX06 is an unknown
there both the same basically, just little stufff makes the difference between a wrx and a wrx tr the wrx tr is a tuner ready model, basically like that u plan on changing the seats and stuff, both the same motor and stuff.
post #3 of 31 Old 05-10-2007, 02:34 PM
WRXtuners Member

WRX06TR is an unknown
The pedals are different, stereo in the TR sucks (but i planned on swapping it anyway), Seats are ok (STi or WRX seats arent very supportive anyway), other than that the TR is a great ride. Im not swapping the seats because of the Airbags but stereo is going and I dont really care about pedals. For the lower price it was great for me.
post #4 of 31 Old 05-10-2007, 04:20 PM
WRXtuners Member

midniteblack is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to midniteblack
sterios arent very impressive in any type of impreza. dont let that be a factor in your choice. luxory is not the top priority if youre buying one.....
post #5 of 31 Old 05-10-2007, 06:12 PM
WRXtuners Member

chevarian113 is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to chevarian113
I got the TR. It was worth the cheaper price. Stereo completely sucks, but planned on swapping that in due time anyways. I didnt realize there is a different in the seats. They do the job and are plenty comfortable for me. I say go TR. If you want the spoiler, tell the dealership to throw it on and it is sold. If they wont do it, go somewhere else.
post #6 of 31 Old 05-10-2007, 06:22 PM
WRXtuners Member

Speedogomer is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to Speedogomer
For the price difference, it's not worth getting the TR.

The WRX gets much better seats, better stereo, auto climate control, color matched mirrors, fog lights, and a 6 disc changer with aux input jack for MP3 players

-Justin, aka Gomer
(sold)-05 WRX
(new)-04 Cadillac CTS-V
post #7 of 31 Old 05-10-2007, 08:21 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
I dont know but I got the WRX. By VIN it is a limited, whatever that is. But anyway I got evertything I wanted out of the deal and it cost me just over 21k with 9 miles on it. I know people that payed more than that for their TR. But I think its worth it to get the non-TR. I mean I got the upgraded sound package, and the 6-disc CD changer (thats all I got, no leather, no spoiler). But I also like the color matched mirrors and the sideskirts also, just looks like a more rounded car. But thats just my 2cents.
post #8 of 31 Old 05-11-2007, 12:17 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

shamrock is an unknown
I know about the motor and power of both cars, but was just wondering about the little things. And I forgot about the sideskirts. The only issue with the stereo is that I have heard that the car has shallow door panels and it is very hard to put a bigger speaker in unless you custom fab a speaker pod of some sort, which sucks. You think that there would be some company that produces them

_Ryan_
2004 Wrb "BUGEYE"
post #9 of 31 Old 05-11-2007, 12:51 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrock View Post
I know about the motor and power of both cars, but was just wondering about the little things. And I forgot about the sideskirts. The only issue with the stereo is that I have heard that the car has shallow door panels and it is very hard to put a bigger speaker in unless you custom fab a speaker pod of some sort, which sucks. You think that there would be some company that produces them
It does suck, but like I said I have the upgraded sound package, I like it alot, but had already knew I was not going to mess with a system in this car. If you think though about the custom fab stuff, kind of gives the car your own personal touch, I dont know, I like the personal fab stuff. If you search enough you might actually find someone that has something already pre-made for the cars, I dont know as Im not interested in it.
post #10 of 31 Old 05-11-2007, 01:20 PM
WRXtuners Member

chevarian113 is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to chevarian113
Damn.. you got the limited for 21k? Thats unheard of... Limited is the top line, although it doesnt sound like you got all of the options available on it.... The only limited's I looked at came with leather, spoiler, sub, moonroof, painted mirrors...

FYI, all 07's have painted sideskirts... mirrors are the only thing left black.
post #11 of 31 Old 05-11-2007, 02:54 PM
WRXtuners Member

BithellWgn06 is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevarian113 View Post
Damn.. you got the limited for 21k? Thats unheard of... Limited is the top line, although it doesnt sound like you got all of the options available on it.... The only limited's I looked at came with leather, spoiler, sub, moonroof, painted mirrors...

Got my limited 06 wagon for 24k OTD. It had been sitting in the lot for 3 months and only had 4 miles on it.
No spoiler (wagon visor) but all other options are there. The sunroof/moonroof, 6 disc, w/ sub, leather, heated front seats, heat mirrors and wipers, all weather floor mats and I think thats it.

BJJ for the win!
post #12 of 31 Old 05-11-2007, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevarian113 View Post

Unheard of maybe, impossible, not even. I went in there told them want I wanted and they basically said ok. The thing is I didnt say ok until it was where I wanted it. And of course I got everthing I wanted, minus the moonroof, but no big deal there. I love my car, and nothings really going to change that. But like I said, mine is just a limited by what the VIN says, just like most cars you can get whatever you want in them if your willing to pay or sacrifice.
post #13 of 31 Old 05-11-2007, 08:13 PM
WRXtuners Member

TelsaCoil is an unknown
The Limited version is a 3000 upgrade from the WRX Sedan and comes equipped with leather, sun roof, spoiler, and heated seats. The WRX tr and Sedan have the spoiler as a $400 dollar option. The Wrx is def the way to go when purchasing a new Subaru as stated above, it comes with the premium seats and the climate control ++.
post #14 of 31 Old 05-12-2007, 01:28 AM
WRXtuners Member

WRX06TR is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by TelsaCoil View Post
The Limited version is a 3000 upgrade from the WRX Sedan and comes equipped with leather, sun roof, spoiler, and heated seats. The WRX tr and Sedan have the spoiler as a $400 dollar option. The Wrx is def the way to go when purchasing a new Subaru as stated above, it comes with the premium seats and the climate control ++.
I beg to differ on the "premium seats." Even the STi seats arent very good. They arent very supportive. The only thing i like about the WRX seats are the intigrated headrests, otherwise they are the same as the TR seats.

Is climate control really that necessary? I dont have any trouble switchin my fan between one and two...Its not a luxury sedan...
post #15 of 31 Old 05-13-2007, 12:40 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

shamrock is an unknown
how does the climate control work, what does it do

_Ryan_
2004 Wrb "BUGEYE"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement