Suggestions? - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 03-30-2014, 07:56 PM
WRXtuners Member

07SubieRex is an unknown
Suggestions?

So I am entirely new to the Subaru world. I just picked up my 2007 Subaru WRX wagon, urban metallic grey, this weekend. I am already in love with it and know a few things I want to do and would love some opinions.

One of the first that I want to do is put in a mesh grille instead of the regular, and was curious if you guys had any suggestions rather than dropping 300$.

Second, I really want to do an exhaust somewhere down the road. I do quite a bit of highway driving considering I'm a college student, and spend a lot of time on the road. I also live in MA which has some strict inspection rules and regulations. I was thinking about doing something CAT-back that will give my car a nice throaty sound without having a drone at highway speeds. Again college student, money's tight, not looking to drop 1K+ on an exhaust, I would love to but not in the books.

Im looking to do mostly appearance mods, and not too much power modification considering I'm not all that well versed in it, and I like to leave things how they were meant to be when it comes to that. I previously owned a Jetta that I was constantly working on, and would LOVE to avoid that.

P.S. The car is bone-stock. Zero modifications

Thanks guys!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-31-2014, 07:13 AM
WRXtuners Member

brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to
Garage
Buy a used catback for $350-400.
#3 Old 03-31-2014, 10:55 AM
WRXtuners Member

AllExtinct is a helpful contributing member
Like fatal said buy used.
Keep an eye on ebay used performance parts. I picked up my HKS exhaust for $350 some time back and the only thing it had wrong with it was a minor bottom scrap.
And had free shipping!
Just gotta check for new listed items everyday.

Good luck.
#4 Old 04-02-2014, 11:28 AM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
Grillcraft grilles aren't terribly expensive

John
07 WRX (Albins 5MT + Blouch 20G)
Jorge Carrillo Tuned (365 whp/340 wtq)