Jaise you seem to have a good head on your shoulders and I am glad to see someone do a bit of research before asking questions about BOVs, CAIs and honkin' huge turbo upgrades.
Thank psinuse. BOVs sound cool, but I feel it would get annoying as hell after a while. Plus there isn't any added benefit imo. I am interested in power, but I wanted to go about it in the right way. I love my car, I paid a lot of hard-earned money for it, and want to ensure that she is well taken care of. Seeing I have no one to teach me their expertise, I need to acquire my own knowledge and to do that, you have to listen. You might enjoy what I have below?
After browsing around for quite a while, I have come to these conclusions:
1. I am probably gonna wait to upgrade my car until the warranty expires. I just don't want to void it, just in case.
2. Despite (1.) I am probably gonna upgrade the tires first.
3.Then after (1.) suspension, fuel pump and injectors, (brakes), intake, inter cooler, cat-back exhaust, down pipe, turbo, (brakes). And I feel that I can do all that myself, its mostly just bolting stuff. I wouldn't have to take then engine out for those things.
- I say that order because the suspensions are something I can do while waiting for my warranty and safety > speed =P.
- The fuel pump and injectors because it will help it supplying the demands needed for turbo, and I believe they can be changed without voiding the warranty.
- Intake can hold for a while, and boosts max 6 hp since the stock one is pretty good. Getting this, will help better cool the engine for more better mixtures, needed with new injectors.
- Inter cooler to supply demand of new turbo, bigger gain.
- Cat-back exhaust to open up the exhaust for better emissions. Gain in hp and everyone knows the boxxer engine sounds bad ass. (cat converter gone obv -- err -- i mean, if they go out of course)
- Down pipe so the air leaving turbo can leave more efficiently compared to stock one since its garbage.
- Turbo can finally come into play once all it's need have been met. Vroom!
* Not real sure where brakes come into play. I think I should get them before upgrading everything else, but I also feel they can wait...
Other than that, I feel everything else stock will do great (from various forums). If there is something I missed, and/or have suggestions or comments, I welcome it all. Thanks in advance for your help. Ready...GO! =P