Subaru Certified Pre Owned? - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 03-12-2014, 01:26 PM
WRXtuners Member

Woessner1101 is an unknown
Subaru Certified Pre Owned?

Hey guys, just want some feedback on this. Found a used 09 WRX that is listed as a Subaru certified pre owned at a Subaru dealer. Has about 40k miles on it and it's carfax has it listed as a lease. I know people tend to beat up leases, but if it is labled a CPO by Subaru it apparently goes through a 152 point inspection to get that status, and is still on the 7yr/100,000 warranty. Just wondering if anyone has ever bought a CPO WRX and had issues with it, or if I found a rather good one?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-13-2014, 12:16 AM
WRXtuners Member

Brockton is a helpful contributing member
Garage
CPO is awesome if you can find one.
#3 Old 03-13-2014, 02:10 PM
WRXtuners Member

LW_Black4 is more helpful than not
Garage
This is a much lower risk way to acquire a performance Subaru, as competent people have looked at the car before offering it for sale, and will have some responsibility for the condition it was sold.

Laszlo - blue '04 WRX
Meet the turbocharged rally-bred Subaru WRX.
blue '09 STi - lease return
#4 Old 03-13-2014, 04:36 PM
WRXtuners Member

arcticscythe is known to be trustworthy and helpful arcticscythe is known to be trustworthy and helpful
the way i see it if a Subaru dealer is willing to certify it and SOA is willing to hold up the remaining 3 years & 60k miles then Its the safest you can get without ordering a new one straight from the plant.

I have seen some old ladys driving WRXs like Sunday cars in the past. If the interior is clean and the exterior is clean and there aren't any signs of young driver mods ( HIDs, LEDs, Excessive stereos, Black-Out Tint) then I would get in on that, assuming the price is right.

Ive purchased previously leased cars in the past, they have been good cars. pricing is usually a bit below KBB but i think that's just a sign of the dealer trying to recover the reaming value after the lease. keep in mind that most lease contracts also include scheduled maintenance whick means that at least for the time is was leased that the car was maintained by Subaru.

If it were my money ( you didnt mention how much they want for it) i would go for it : )

Jason
13 WRX Hatch
#5 Old 03-14-2014, 02:36 PM
WRXtuners Member

Scotte549 is an unknown
Garage
Im at a dealership and the SOA have been fully checked and are the way to go. Alot safer than a private buy and you get the extended drivetrain warranty on top the the original warranty if it still has it