• 1 Post By psinuse
  • 3 Post By boo-key bear
  • 2 Post By NeverSummer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 01-06-2014, 10:30 PM
WRXtuners Member

rex0601 is an unknown
stage 2 with intake or stock box

I recently got time to fit my custom midpipe back section i made on to the car makeing it a full 3" tbe.after doin so the car feels super snappy in 1st and 2nd.when goin into third theres some hesitation and slower jerky accel and same for 4th.only thing i can contribute this to is the spt intake.its been super cold here latley and the car has been running rich and getting poor mpg aswell.im putting the spt up for sale local because eventually this summer its goin to be stupid to have with 100 degree temps, The noise is cool but not worth the hp loss or heatsoak and rather annoying everytime i cog a gear. could i run aem's cai on the stage 2 cobb map or would goin back to the stock box fix the problem and put the money towards a protune?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-07-2014, 07:50 AM
WRXtuners Member

Epictofer is an unknown
the aem cold air is approved by cobb. are you running the stage 2 tune already? If not thats probably your problem and is not good for your car
#3 Old 01-07-2014, 08:56 AM
WRXtuners Member

rex0601 is an unknown
im running stage 2 93 with a 91 realtime.i run 93 in the tank but the 91 tune seemed smoother.the intake and catted downpipe ran fine together.after i removed the resonator and replaced with straight 3" back to the muffler i noticed a change.so i reset the battery, it made a differance but still had the sluggish build in 3.that got me thinking maybe the that reduced the back pressure and since it the spt wasnt "tested" by cobb it threw it off.i looked on the notes and it doesnt say anything about running the aem cai on and 06.just the sf and drop in? 08 was tested? Would i have the same prob with it as the spt until i get a protune? If it wouldnt be anyworse id try it because at least it would be somewhat benefical compared to a sri
#4 Old 01-07-2014, 09:34 AM
WRXtuners Member

Epictofer is an unknown
honestly im not sure on the older models. do some data logging and email to cobb or one of the guys on here
i know on the 13 and aem CAI is ok with the stage 2 tune. maybe try using the 93 octane tune. just suggestions! let us know what you find out!
#5 Old 01-07-2014, 09:52 AM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Yeah, 2nd Gens don't have a AEM map. It'd require a ap protune/custom open source tune.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
arewmors likes this.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
#6 Old 01-07-2014, 11:57 AM
WRXtuners Member

rex0601 is an unknown
Ok ill do that.im takeing the intake off sat so ill be able to weed out that.in the near future im looking at getting a protune from iap.from what ive read they do good etunes and have good response time.anybody else that do good etunes? I know where theres a aem for a little of nothing.how would i go about putting it on? Before or after i get the tune.i know i would have to list that in the mods on the order so the base could be made.just wonder how bad or lean it would be to run before hand
#7 Old 01-07-2014, 02:21 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Just use the map recommendations, which is the stock airbox...
rex0601 likes this.

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#8 Old 01-07-2014, 02:48 PM
Vendor

PROImportTuners is more helpful than not
Quote:
Originally Posted by psinuse View Post
Just use the map recommendations, which is the stock airbox...
Or the COBB SF intake of course!

PRO Import Tuners
http://www.proimporttuners.com
#9 Old 02-20-2014, 12:31 AM
WRXtuners Member

Lolin Mazel is an unknown
The aFe Air Intake System provides wide open air flow to your engine, giving you quicker acceleration and up to a whopping 50 extra horsepower.
#10 Old 02-20-2014, 03:07 AM
Premium Member

boo-key bear is known to be trustworthy and helpful boo-key bear is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rex0601 View Post
in the near future im looking at getting a protune from iap.from what ive read they do good etunes and have good response time.anybody else that do good etunes?
Phatbotti tuning and torqued performance also do good e-tunes. @daddysfastcar and I both have used Phatbotti with great results. He usually has a revision back to you within an hour or two after you send him a log.

Adair
06' wrx tr
Phatbotti tuned!
#11 Old 02-20-2014, 03:17 AM
Premium Member

boo-key bear is known to be trustworthy and helpful boo-key bear is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolin Mazel View Post
The aFe Air Intake System provides wide open air flow to your engine, giving you quicker acceleration and up to a whopping 50 extra horsepower.
If that's the case, Ill take 2. No way an intake will give you 50hp. You can't believe everything you read on the internet. Oh yeah...And Im a French model...bonjour!

Adair
06' wrx tr
Phatbotti tuned!
#12 Old 02-20-2014, 05:57 AM
WRXtuners Member

NeverSummer is more helpful than not
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolin Mazel View Post

Aside from the whopping 50 hp...it also comes w a blow job

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
turmic and the RIOT act like this.