srt-4 vs wrx stock - Subaru WRX Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 233 Old 04-04-2004, 01:10 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

kboys-wrx is an unknown
srt-4 vs wrx stock

to all of you stock wrx owners watch out for the neon srt-4's, these things are rated at 215 hp but they will wax your ass if you take them lightly, ask me i almost got embarassed in front of my girl last night because of these steroid driven beast
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 233 Old 04-04-2004, 03:01 AM
WRXtuners Member

hipo_wrx is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to hipo_wrx Send a message via Yahoo to hipo_wrx
ive known this, i was gonna buy one but ive always wanted a wrx to go with my muscle and granny mobiles. i dont like how easy it is to shift them plus ialways end up dropping the clutch in the easy to shift cars . they release half way down but i like to hit the floor like a real performance machine should. plus u know they have a down into dual cats with no mufflers. i do alot of research on cars. plus u can always say ## almost as fast, go more places, and get more gas mileage. they only average like 14mpg in all the test on that. 13.97 is thier record stock e.t. in class racing . thats what my down/up/header/and exhaust are gonna take are of in the end. go for torque instead of horse and ull be like them . the srt 4 makes like 245-250 torque, also the 04 model has 230 horse. dont like it then build!
post #3 of 233 Old 04-04-2004, 04:28 PM
WRXtuners Member

blue blurr is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to blue blurr
i test drove one before i got my wrx and i hated it. i dont know what it was it jsut was all weird you couldnt see out of it right the shifts were longer i just didnt like it, the wrx was much better in every way.

SFR SCCA Spec Miata #18
post #4 of 233 Old 04-04-2004, 05:26 PM
WRXtuners Member

WRXblurr is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to WRXblurr
yeah they are poorly made..
post #5 of 233 Old 04-04-2004, 06:14 PM

IBAUCLAPlaya is known to be trustworthy and helpful IBAUCLAPlaya is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to IBAUCLAPlaya
The damn dealer wouldn't even let me test drive it. That or the EVO. So I just bought my WRX
post #6 of 233 Old 04-04-2004, 09:34 PM
WRXtuners Member

jwtarbaj is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to jwtarbaj
That is why people say "It's just a Neon"

It's not a lack of respect for the cars potential. It is the fact that the car itself is a cheapo econo car with a HOT motor in it from Dodge.

Dodge=Drips Oil Drops Grease Everywhere

I have never known anyone with a Dodge made from the 80s thru present day say it was a good quality car (except maybe the rebadged Mitsus they've sold). They have crap quality in my experience.

And hey if they won't let you test drive it then you definitely shouldn't give them your money.
post #7 of 233 Old 04-04-2004, 10:53 PM
WRXtuners Member

elgo is an unknown
Send a message via MSN to elgo
i test drove one today and it wasnt that bad but i rather the WRX
post #8 of 233 Old 04-04-2004, 10:59 PM

IBAUCLAPlaya is known to be trustworthy and helpful IBAUCLAPlaya is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to IBAUCLAPlaya
Damn dealers around here are real #######s
post #9 of 233 Old 04-05-2004, 09:11 AM
WRXtuners Member

RexRckt is an unknown
The dealership here hasn't brought any in; I know a guy that used to work there and he told me that the bosses didn't want to deal with all the kids stopping by and wanting a test drive. Hello???? Have you retards heard of the term "target market?"

D
post #10 of 233 Old 04-05-2004, 09:44 AM
WRXtuners Member

Phys is an unknown
My friend and I were walking downtown the other day and we saw a SRT-4 being towed. I have to admit, it looked good for a Neon. It was black, had a big spoiler and red brake calipers. Our first impression was that it was illegally parked. So while we were walking by, we saw the guy who owned it. We asked him what was wrong and he said it kept overheating and losing coolant. Then we asked him how long he had it and he said TWO DAYS!!! Man, I can't imagine having my car towed to the dealer after two freaking days.......

Now what's even funnier is that I told a buddy of mine whos brother test drove one a couple of months ago. He said he was about 4500 rpms in second gear and heard this pop noise, then he heard steam. So he pulled over and he and the sales guy opened the hood. He blew the radiator hose.

I'll stick with my WRX
post #11 of 233 Old 04-05-2004, 05:55 PM
WRXtuners Member

RAAZ227 is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to RAAZ227
So you have to drive the REX hard to take a SRT-4 from a roll of off the line?? I would think there is no match off the line due to our exceptional traction.

There is another message board (not going to name) but, they insist the SRT-4 (stock) and Mazdaspeed Protege (modded) would "take" a REX due to it's low MPH in the 1/4mile. They all keep talking all kinds of smack on how they will easily take a REX from a roll. I personally think this is a load of cr*p with a good driver!

Sorry had to rant
post #12 of 233 Old 04-05-2004, 06:17 PM
WRXtuners Member

blackie is an unknown
my friends srt4 just ran a 12.8 at 118mph!! on the stock turbo and tires too, he's got the record now i think. if he adds like motor mounts and slicks, alot of stage 4 wrx'x would not have a chance, unless it was wet out or they were on a dirt road or somthing.
post #13 of 233 Old 04-06-2004, 04:10 AM
WRXtuners Member

hipo_wrx is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to hipo_wrx Send a message via Yahoo to hipo_wrx
stock turbo and tires mean nuthin to me... ever see the 600hp ZL1 69 copo maro run on bias ply tires? or any F.A.S.T. class car at all? there are cars especially hemi classics doing 11's on these crappy tires (bike tire technology) which were only good for burnouts. some guy got his 70 hemi challenger to break the 11's on them with only a .030 overbore. so stock turbo's can stay till 12's thats what bolt ons are for.
post #14 of 233 Old 04-07-2004, 02:19 AM
WRXtuners Member

Epyon08 is an unknown
This should of been a known fact....these cars are not to be taken lightly at all......juss take this into consideration....these cars came out about a year ago...and folks are hitting 12's with them......on stock turbos....and minor modifications...including the fact that these cars have DSM influence (in terms of parts used)...in my opinion they're great cars....i've also test drove one b4 my WRX....it was pretty nice....my lil bro is gonna end up getting one...but yea...hed these words "its not just a neon"......
post #15 of 233 Old 04-09-2004, 02:53 PM
WRXtuners Member

WRX_2NR is an unknown
A couple things to think about comparing the SRT-4 to a WRX

WRX-AWD
SRT-4-FWD

Less mechanical drivetrain to spin the tires

WRX-boxer engine
SRT-4-inline 4

The inline 4 is used on DSM's They seems to be a much better choice for boost. This is why lots of Honda owners boost their civics
The boxer while a nice engine used in Porches are not so easy to build a high boost engines from. Alot of work needed + $$$

In the long run a FWD car will out run an AWD based on weight and power.

But.......take that FWD off road or drive it in the snow and their screwed!!

This is why I love my REX
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread