Subaru WRX Forum banner

spt short throw shifter

2K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  LiL Shoaf 
#1 ·
Anyone have this, and is it worth the $300?

#9 ·
my short throw shifter just feels better. Feel is not a speed term, it's a personal preference. I don't like moving my arm the distances of a full throw from first to second. I find it comforting on every shift, regardless of how fast I'm shifting.

#10 ·
"Feel is not a speed term"?? Don't know why you had to throw that in there but ok.. There is going to be little no gain in lets say 1/4 mile times between a short throw and a standard lever with the same driver and same car.. However you will "FEEL" like you are going faster becuase you think your faster shifting is really doing something, just like when you put springs on a WRX.. Tests showed that it actually ran slower times on the track, but most people "Feel" a handling increase becuase we are not professional drivers and can only drive to our personal cumfort level and when the car feels more solid we feel like we can go faster.. So again it's all about "FEEL"..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.