Should I even get a WRX, vs Impreza? - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 11-10-2012, 12:46 PM
WRXtuners Member

Skip is an unknown
Should I even get a WRX, vs Impreza?

Hi, first post here. Recently lost my car in the flood of sandy. It was only a '05 ford escape, no worries. I've been shopping for a WRX, just because I've always like them. I'm not interested in modding, racing the car, or even driving fast everywhere. I just want something fun to drive every day that has good traction, good brakes, decent handling and gas mileage, a manual trans, enough power to get on the highway and pass, and will be kind of cheap to maintain. My ford was a fwd v6 auto and got the job done (except for the fun-to-drive, braking and handling part). I did find an '08 WRX with 39,000 miles, 1 owner, and according to the carfax had its 30,000mi (@33,000 mi) maintainance done. It appears to be stock too. Should I go for that WRX, or pay like $5k less and get an impreza? I read a review of the dealership, where the reviewer said they were cool with him taking a Porsche 911 to an outside mechanic, and then fixed the issues that were found AND dropped the price for him. Thanks for any input
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-10-2012, 01:16 PM
WRXtuners Member

Zwilks14 is an unknown
wrx is a better car, ask yourself if you can spend the 5 g's more, and if you can with no problem, then i am 100% positive you will be happy with your decision
#3 Old 11-10-2012, 02:31 PM
WRXtuners Member

brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to
Garage
I would opt for either an '07 or an '09 WRX. '08s are kind of the bastards of WRX because the later years make more power and look better (come standard with the '08's optional aero parts) while the earlier years have more parts available and are better platforms out of the box. Not saying you wouldn't enjoy an '08, just that it was a -- transitional year.
#4 Old 11-10-2012, 04:07 PM
WRXtuners Member

thekamikaze kid is a helpful contributing member
I have a 03 wrx and my dad has a 09 impreza. I have driven both and the wrx is by far a more fun and powerful car. I don't race mine around either but when u need to pass someone on the freeway and the turbo kicks in, it's awesome, and the awd sticks to the road. Good luck.
#5 Old 11-10-2012, 04:51 PM
WRXtuners Member

iownit4 is an unknown
I lost my 2013 wrx from sandy ..and it sux .. but i already ordered another one ..so yes i think you should consider looking at the nw wrx