Should I buy this wrx?! - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 07-10-2012, 02:52 PM
WRXtuners Member

shegoesfast21 is an unknown
Question Should I buy this wrx?!

Before anyone asks, yes i'm a girl, yes i can drive manual and I know my way around a car. Lol.

Anywho, looking to buy a WRX for myself here and found this one that is close to my home and only has 65k miles on it. Just looking for other people's opinions on it and if it's worth going to take a look at. It's nothing too special yet, I kind of want it stock so I can do as I please with it. 2004s look the best too me so this one fits.

2004 SUBARU IMPREZA WRX

Any comments, suggestions on what I should look for/ask about it when I go take a look at it?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-10-2012, 05:00 PM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Welcome

Looks clean on the outside, need moar pics of engine bay and interior. Mainly engine bay... several.

Taking someone with you?

Not saying you don't know what to look for, but someone that know's Subies and Mods.

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#3 Old 07-10-2012, 09:08 PM
WRXtuners Member

Yeah, i'm taking a buddy of mine who has a 95 impreza along and my other friend who has a dsm and knows just about everything about cars. Lol. They'll be good help. I'll try to take pictures of the engine bay and report on how the test drive goes. I'm going to check it out on Thursday night.
#4 Old 07-10-2012, 10:08 PM
WRXtuners Member

09bluewrx is an unknown
Awesome! Best of luck to you!

Sent from my DROID X2 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
#5 Old 07-11-2012, 10:21 PM
WRXtuners Member

wrxsnowman is an unknown
Looks clean! 65k miles is crazy low for an 04. I would consider a carfax, and maybe have a mechanic look at it. If its competely stock thats also a good thing and I'm sure with that low of miles and the condition is appears to be in it may have been driven by an older person for commute and some weekend fun. Anyways, we hope to see you in the WRX community soon. Good luck on your WRX search. I love my 04 its awesome I couldn't imagine not having it!
#6 Old 07-13-2012, 07:03 AM
WRXtuners Member

Well guys, this car is CLEAN! It looks brand freaking new. There was no eating/drinking, anything. Its spotless. It wasn't beaten on, it was driven nicely for the most part, really only 64,000 miles on it. Everything works, the seatbelt squeals a bit and the moon roof pauses for a few seconds when its closing. And the passenger side window doesn't roll up from the driver's buttons, but that's all minor This thing rides so smooth, and was always kept up to date with oil and such. Its beautiful. Couldn't take any more pics because it was too dark for my phone and the flash pics looked crappy, but. I felt like I was sitting in a new 2012 impreza.

Its got to be worth the money right? I'm thinking its a once in a lifetime find.
#7 Old 07-13-2012, 08:36 AM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Sounds good.

"up=to-date on oil" is subjective. Most ppl used to use the ol' " I can go 7500 miles on synthetic " and that is far from correct with FI'd cars. But as long as it looks clean, you can "fix" an oil issue with more frequesnt changes.

So, is it yours now?

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#8 Old 07-13-2012, 12:49 PM
WRXtuners Member

No, its not officially mine... yet!
Working with the bank to figure out loans and such at the moment, but hopefully within the next couple of days I will be it's new owner!!

Any tips on talking price down? The owner now says he is not firm on the $14000 price tag. What should I offer him? I'm a terrible barginer. Haha.

Thanks everyone
#9 Old 07-13-2012, 01:01 PM
WRXtuners Member

wrxsnowman is an unknown
Get a blue book value and go from there. Typically the bank will do that and say what they will loan for the car. 14000 seems high for an 04, mine has quite a bit more mileage, but I don't think 5k would be that big of difference because of mileage. NADA says roughly 11k retail based on 64k miles on an 04 WRX. I think I would be wheelin and dealin with this guy!
#10 Old 07-13-2012, 01:17 PM
WRXtuners Member

So maybe offer like $12000 and go from there? Kelley Blue Book says in very good condition is worth about $13,190.
#11 Old 07-13-2012, 01:26 PM
WRXtuners Member

jhmason is more helpful than not
What are you wanting to pay, what is the most you can afford to pay? You have to know that first. Lets just say you don't want to pay anymore than 12,750. I'd start at 11,900 and see what he counters.

Mason
12 WRX Sedan OBP - RA mudflaps and stock!
12 Impreza Sedan Premium ISM - old lady's ride
#12 Old 07-13-2012, 03:57 PM
WRXtuners Member

You NEED to see what the bank is offering to loan you first. Go from there. You WILL need a little cash to get some fluids flushed and all that anyways.

NEVER buy a used car will all your cash.

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#13 Old 07-13-2012, 04:01 PM
WRXtuners Member

jhmason is more helpful than not
Quote:
Originally Posted by pzr2874 View Post
You NEED to see what the bank is offering to loan you first. Go from there. You WILL need a little cash to get some fluids flushed and all that anyways.

NEVER buy a used car will all your cash.
Great advise! Don't forget about taxes either, if your state requires a tax on used cars

Mason
12 WRX Sedan OBP - RA mudflaps and stock!
12 Impreza Sedan Premium ISM - old lady's ride
#14 Old 07-13-2012, 07:42 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Buy what you can afford, not what the bank tells you. Remember you are going to have this car for a while, it will require maintenance which requires money. Always have a slush fund...you'll need it and this goes with any car new or used..

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...