Subaru WRX Forum banner

Scraping sound during ignition ?

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  obiling 
#1 ·
Hello everyone, I have been experiencing this sound since about a month and am just getting around to trying to find what is making it. The scraping sound is usually produced when the car (03 rex) has not been started long enough for the engine to be warm anymore. IF I were to describe the the sound I would describe it to be similar to the sound an ignition makes when trying to start a car when its currently running already.

Here is a video I recorded myself..... It gives a pretty good idea of what I am hearing... It doesn't sound healthy to me but IDK what it is ! Thanks for the help !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAqP8Fq58vE&feature=youtu.be

#6 ·
Bought a new starter, cost 100 bucks and I had to give my old core to them....whatever.

Took my friend and I awhile as the bolts on the starter were on there really good and there was minimal space to work with tools. Hardest part was putting the intercooler back on as it took us awhile to figure out how to get that stupid hose back on the turbo. If I had to do it again it would take half the time.

Fired it up and it sounds like a brand new car starting for the first time...it sounds SO CLEAN. I am very pleased.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.