Subaru WRX Forum banner

S.o.l.

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  fc735 
#1 ·
So I take my car in for its yearly inspection and figured I would have them ook at the a/c because it wasn't working. I really dont care about it but its nice not to have to listen to my son screaming that he is hot but anyhow..........the condenser is junk from rocks hitting it and will cost $498.94 to get fixed. What a load of crap!!! I bought it brand new exactly 1 year ago and they told me that it wasn't covered under my warranty because it wasnt something that could be controled. What do you guys think about this load?

#2 ·
Rocks? What kind of rocks are damaging your A/C? 20 lb boulders?(I'm not saying you r driving over big rocks) Does a line or the compressor have a hole in it? What are they doing for that $499? I'd say it's questionable until I had more info.

All these stories are making me fear taking my REX in for the CC recall next Monday!

#3 ·
its not a load...damage from road debris is not covered under a warranty. if it was, they would be putting all kinds of stuff on a car because of people following too close, hitting stuff, etc etc.

the condensor is not designed to have impact damage....it did its job well until it was subjected to stress it wasnt designed for.

you could possibly turn it in on Comprehensive insurance, but all depending on your deductable, it will really not be worth it (the increase in premiums alot of ins companies do from excessive comp claims.)

less then 500 bucks isnt too bad for a condensor replacement, actually....i commonly do AC jobs at work that are over 1000 dollars.

lifes a ##### sometimes....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.