Subaru WRX Forum

Subaru WRX Forum (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/)
-   Newbie Forum (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f51/)
-   -   Recent meet/drive up here in northern california (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f51/recent-meet-drive-up-here-northern-california-12845/)

eighth08 06-21-2006 06:49 PM

Recent meet/drive up here in northern california

[url]http://scoobylife.com/video/Dirt%20Drive%20June%203rd%20(part%202).mov[/url]

really good video, it was a 70mile offroad drive we did.:rocks:

eighth08 06-22-2006 11:16 AM

no one likes? :(

Nose Nuggets 06-22-2006 11:35 AM

dont get your panties in a wad im downloading.

edit: oh, its 57 megs. ill be back in a bit.

eighth08 06-22-2006 11:39 AM

hahaha, ill unwad them ;)

let me know what you think, that is up in lakecounty.

ManicsWrX 06-22-2006 12:59 PM

[QUOTE=eighth08]hahaha, ill unwad them ;)

let me know what you think, that is up in lakecounty.[/QUOTE]

I will have to check this out later once I get home from work

Bump for video !Thumbs Up

Nose Nuggets 06-22-2006 01:55 PM

Its an alright video. Few things i would like to point out.

1.use a much higher video quality setting or get a nicer camera, the 17 frames per second this video is pushing makes it hard to watch.
2.You have this fabulous sounding horizontally apposed 4 cylinder engine, and you drown it out with fruity ass techno shit
3.the road your on looks wonderful! But its public... and you even got stuck behind some guy towing a boat. It doesn't really bother me, but a lot of people here might get on your ass about briskly driving through that area.
4.Lastly (on a more technical note) there are a lot of points through the video where it sounds like your coasting through the turns and getting back to power as your unwinding the wheel. In most situations the name of the game is stability through power. The car is much more stable and “planted” if you accelerate through the turn. You can try getting all your down shifting and braking done before you turn in, and then only carry throttle through the turn.

What happened to the 8th car? Ill be honest, i did not watch the whole thing. Putting around a beautifully forested dirt road gets boring after about 3 minutes.

eighth08 06-22-2006 02:03 PM

well, i should say first off, when i say "we" did , i meant we being our north bay club we have. i did not actually go i was in sunny san diego.

and yeah the video is quite boring, just thought id share it for the hell of it. and yeah i hate when music is overwhelming in car videos.. in a car video you want to hear cars not some music. (background music should be background not foreground)

and yeah there are people who will have issues with the safety of this on public roads, but from what i am told the road is not infact public, but a private road through lakecounty that goes through private property that they had permission to ride on. but i dont know the full details on it.

i too did not watch it through as the driving was not that exciting. i didnt really pay attention to the filmers driving.

and tristan there is a better quality version of the video but its like 300megs.

9d2TSi 06-22-2006 04:56 PM

[QUOTE=ManicsWrX]Bump[/QUOTE]

Please don't do this.

eighth08 06-22-2006 05:19 PM

[QUOTE=9d2TSi]Please don't do this.[/QUOTE]

well eitherway the thread would have been "bumped" because of his post saying hes gonna check it later.

Nose Nuggets 06-22-2006 05:44 PM

[QUOTE=9d2TSi]Please don't do this.[/QUOTE]

why not?

ManicsWrX 06-22-2006 06:31 PM

[QUOTE=Nose Nuggets]why not?[/QUOTE]
:confused: :confused: what I do now :confused: !Cry!

eighth08 06-22-2006 06:34 PM

you cant "bump" for the sake of bumping it. but you posting "I will have to check this out later once I get home from work" would have bumped it whether you said bump for the video or not.

define bump: when you post just to make the thread appear above other threads.

ManicsWrX 06-22-2006 06:40 PM

[QUOTE=eighth08]you cant "bump" for the sake of bumping it. but you posting "I will have to check this out later once I get home from work" would have bumped it whether you said bump for the video or not.

define bump: when you post just to make the thread appear above other threads.[/QUOTE]

Yes and I BUMPED just so ppl can see the video and to get some views for ya. You guys here confuse me sometimes.:o

9d2TSi 06-24-2006 05:19 AM

[QUOTE=Nose Nuggets]why not?[/QUOTE]

It's clearly defined in the site rules.

eighth08 06-26-2006 04:51 PM

well stacy his bump was not a standard bump thread. he gave his piece and said bump to the video. so it was a normal allowed post with the word bump.