Subaru WRX Forum banner

Quality / sound

4K views 27 replies 15 participants last post by  nagyhead 
#1 ·
I have been looking at a few exhaust systems to get for my WRX. I like the Blitz but i know its way too loud so i ruled that out. I really like the sound of the Apexi n1 and the HKS Hi-Power as well. Between the Apexi and the HKS which would be the better quality exhaust? Also which would be louder. I don't know if theres any facts to prove it but from watching videos it seems like the Apexi is louder. Any input or first hand experience with either of the exhausts would help me out.

#14 ·
Look at the boostbuddy deal, I have heard it in person and sounds good. Look also at the ERZ*SRS CATBACK... I have one on myself and gained the lost 1 psi off the stock catback w/the COBB catted DP.

#21 ·
i have used the blitz nurspec R before .its really loud.
currently on the HKS 409 hi power.love it.not ridiculously loud but sounds great too.

here some pics of some different exhausts on my ride .

BLITZ nurspec R on the left ( my ride ) , Trust Ti on my mate's (right)

Supersprint

HKS legamax if i remember correctly

HKS 409 Hi power currently on my ride(i love it !)

#22 ·
I've got the ERZ bellmouth downpipe ($140 from ERZ Performance), after that it's basically straight pipe to an Apex'I N1 tip. I love the deep tone and it really isn't too bad on volume. I've been told that it makes sitting in the back seat sound like you're sitting in a video game. Then again, my WRX is completely catless.

#26 ·
Do you men the twin tip design or the twin TUBE design? I dont think there is any if much difference between the twin tip design, but I havent seen a video or decibel reading of the twin tube design.

#27 ·
I'm talking about the twin tip OR the single tip exhaust NOT the twin TUBE. Sorry for being unclear. I talked to Vew about the exhaust because he had the older version which is the one i wanted. Apparently the older versions of the Perrin exhaust were a lot louder than the new ones. I've been trying to get some feedback or videos from people that have the new versions but everyone only has the old one. I just dont want to spend $700 and not have it be loud enough for me. If anyone has heard the NEW Perrin exhausts in person or know anything about them please let me know. I just want a comparison in volume compared to the old one.

#28 ·
i have the gp moto twin tip, it kinda in between. it kinda just gives you a quiet burble at idle, but gets alot louder at WOT.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EcCwwH9R_m0"> </param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EcCwwH9R_m0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"> </embed> </object>

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.