Subaru WRX Forum banner

Pre Racing in portland.

9K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  black beast2 
#1 ·
anyone know anything about these guys? I was trying to get a hold of them but nobody answered the phone. Performance Race Engineering Online - Home is there homepage. Was wanting to get cobb accessport and a few other things.

#2 ·
#3 ·
This guy with a decked out 03 wrx(full sti swap) that I saw today at a local tire shop was telling me about Surgline tuning in portland. I think thats where Im going to go. anyone have experience with them? I was also wondering if anyone knew of a place in portland that would have Rally Armor Mudflaps in stock...

#5 ·
Surgeline is pretty much ran by Tim Bailey. He used to tune for someone else (cant remember off the top of my head). So he set off and grabbed up some other reputable guys and started his own place. Tim also works with/for Trey Cobb of Cobb Tuning. Tim tuned my car, and only does what you want him to do. Of course he adds his professional advice/opinion, but wont destroy your car or do anything that you dont want or need done. If I were able to go to Surgeline, I would, great group of guys. Try to shoot them an email, they answer back pretty quick.

#7 ·
So I talked to the guy from Surgeline and I told him I have about a 1000 dollar budget at the moment so right now Im going to be getting Cobb Accessport v2 and maybe somethin else. I was thinkin about getting some rally armor seeing that I drive up to the mountain every weekend to board. I am a little low on cash to get a cat-back as well so looks like im just gettin the accesspport v2 from surgeline on saturday as of right now.

#8 ·
I hate to bump such an old thread but there is some very wrong information on here and I came across it searching google for something and thought that I would correct it.

I am the tuner for Performance Race Engineering and my name is Bobby Wintrode. I have never worked or tuned for any other shop and I have been working at PRE since late 2005.

However Tim Bailey as before mentioned was one of the founding and establishing owners of PDX tuning and was one of the main tuners at PDX tuning.

I just wanted to clear that up as it seems as though someone had got some misinformation and posted it on here.

Thanks-

Bobby

#10 ·
i tried to go into pre once and they treated me like a p.o.s. like they didnt want my thousands of dollars.Needless to say I left for rallitek and never looked back they have giving me great customer service and have done a great job with my car never letting me down...As I have never acctully had work done by pre I cant say if they do a good job or not but I have heard of a few blown motors from dangerous tunes so I wouldnt trust them but that is just one mans opinion..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.